Arsenal fell behind twice against a tenacious Leicester City before winning 4-3, thanks to a late goal by Olivier Giroud in the opening match of the 2017-2018 English Premier League (EPL) football season here.
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Friday night's match-winner Olivier Giroud has chose to stay at Arsenal next season, ending interest from Everton, West Ham United and Marseille.
Obviously, with this being the first game of the season, Arsenal is going to be top of the table for at least the next 12 or so hours until the rest of the Premier League plays on Saturday. Three minutes later, Leicester City equalized.
It's likely no one is more relieved with the result than Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who kept his job after missing an invite to the Champions League for the first time in his 21-year tenure with the club and months of non-stop shouts of "WENGER OUT" from supporters.More news: NY man kills mother, sister, 3rd woman with hammer
Arsenal had seen nearly 75% of the ball in the first 20 minutes and Welbeck had Arsenal's best chance since Lacazette's opener.
Arsenal were piling the pressure on Leicester's back four as the visitors set up to counter, with Schmeichel being called into action to beat away Kolasinac's stinging volley.
"I prefer to be on the pitch", he said. For a home opener, Arsenal got a pretty good draw.More news: Trump's statements on North Korea reminiscent of Bush's preventive war doctrine
And the Jamaican worldwide believes defeat at Arsenal is nothing to worry about.
Giroud headed in the go-ahead goal in the 85th minute to make Wenger look like a genius.
Arsenal then had a penalty shout as Kolasanic's shot hit Onyine Ndidi's raised arm, but Mike Dean adjudged the Leicester man was too close to be able to react.
After a much-needed break for all involved to take a deep breath, the second half started in much quieter fashion until ten minutes into the second period.
The impressive Vardy scored his second in the 53rd minute to put Leicester in front once more, curling Riyad Mahrez's corner into the bottom far corner amid poor Arsenal marking. If you don't have access or prefer to watch in Spanish, the game is also on Telemundo Deportes en vivo.More news: Keith Ellison Says Kim Jong Un 'Acting More Responsible' Than Trump
- Gold buoyed by North Korea tensions, United States inflation data
- Liverpool boss Klopp makes worrying admission about Philippe Coutinho
- Virginia governor to white nationalists: 'Go home ... Shame on you'
- FTSE 100 plunges as investors worry about United States and North Korea tensions
- Arsenal's new €53 million man enjoys dream start to Premier League life
- Hizbul Mujahideen operations commander Yasin Itoo among 3 killed in Shopian encounter
- Chances for Rain, Storms Continue into the Weekend
- Ben Davies, Dele Alli star in Tottenham's win against Newcastle
- Team Liquid Wins The International 2017 Dota 2 Event
- North Korea Tensions Hit Global Stock Markets