North Korea has now launched more than a dozen missiles just this year and continues to threaten to turn the capital of South Korea into a "sea of fire".
He added, "In this case, what we have is the art of the bluff".Читайте также: 5 young players ready for Premier League breakthrough
During his recent phone call with Trump, South Korean President Moon Jae-in stressed that "South Korea can never accept a war erupting again on the Korean Peninsula", insisting that "the North Korean nuclear issue must be resolved in a peaceful, diplomatic manner through a close coordination between South Korea and the United States".
Nor can US-led United Nations sanctions on North Korea achieve an effective solution.
And it's really only - it's been less than a week since the U.N. Security Council took their actions where - these were massive sanctions. If Donald Trump is even remotely thinking of making some kind of attack on North Korea, no one on earth will be safe from the fallout - and we mean that both literally and figuratively. It was a pretty big deal because it was a unanimous vote that included Russian Federation and China. That's all preferred, is getting that to work rather than the military option.
"That would send a signal to North Korea and China that would probably do more good to avoid war than anything I can think of". As far as the president's words go, it's important for the North Koreans to know that all options are on the table for us and to re-engage with the global community to change their ways in the best interest not just of Kim Jong Un, but also of his regime and his people.
While this development represents a potential game-changer in the region, it also creates a historic opportunity for President Trump to leverage diplomacy in order to strike a deal with North Korea, thereby achieving what no other U.S. president has been able to. We're not going to contain the threat. We need to get - it's going to be tested quickly over the course of literally weeks as to whether or not China's serious. Thanks so much for your time this morning.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Wenger tells Lacazette to use Zlatan as benchmark at Arsenal
- Guardiola says he's not moved by talk that Man City are favourites
- Trump warns North Korea that United States is 'locked and loaded'
- North Korea talk drags global stocks lower; gold, yen rise
- In Silicon Valley, Defense Secretary Promotes Diplomatic Solution To North Korea
- Usher Hooked Up with Accuser at Days Inn Hotel Staffer Claims
- Guardiola admits double injury blow ahead of Brighton clash
- Markets Right Now: US stocks trade lower at midday
- Guam Fires Off 'Imminent Missile Threat' Doc Amid North Korea's Threat
- 'Brangelina' still sailing through! Angelina Jolie calls off divorce from Brad Pitt