Earlier this week, presumably after his coddlers took too long to bring him one of his daily briefings of flattering bullshit, Donald Trump did his best impression of a president in an action movie and told North Korea that it would be met with "fire and fury like the world has never seen" if it dared to threaten the United States.
Assistant to the President Sebastian Gorka blasted the Washington Post for writing that President Trump is unfit to hold the nuclear codes because of his rhetoric toward North Korea.
The letter was organized by Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) and co-signed by 61 of his House Democratic colleagues. "These statements are irresponsible and risky, and also senselessly provide a boon to domestic North Korean propaganda which has long sought to portray the United States as a threat to their people".
"We respectfully but firmly urge you to do everything in your power to ensure that President Trump and other administration officials understand the importance of speaking and acting with the utmost caution and restraint on this delicate issue", the letter said.More news: Conte frustrated as Chelsea launches title defense in EPL
"The drama and mixed messages from within the Trump administration over North Korea continues", Smith said after Trump declared his "fire and fury" message to the rogue nation may not have been "tough enough".
"He has been very threatening beyond a normal state", Trump said.
Tillerson seemed to scale back that red line Wednesday.
"I should think so", Nauert said.More news: Trump speaks with Guam governor amid North Korea threat
"North Korea has said they wish to annihilate the United States and use nuclear weapons". Trump added that he hopes to increase the US military budget "by many billions of dollars".
Tillerson also said Americans "should sleep well at night" when asked by reporters if people should be anxious about the looming nuclear threat from North Korea - striking a starkly different tone from Trump's earlier comments.
GORKA: Absolutely, absolutely. No, I never said that, I said for reporters to force our chief diplomat, the awesome Rex Tillerson to give details of military options is nonsensical.
"The people of our country are safe, our allies are safe", Trump said. "Trump must immediately cease talk of pre-emptive war-which must be authorized by Congress-and commit to the diplomatic path advocated by both American experts and the South Korean government".More news: US Atlantic hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio: All options on table for North Korea
- McGregor prepares for big bout with Mayweather
- Top 25 Irish Premier League memorable moments 25-11
- North Korea tensions continue to weigh on global stocks
- Barca plans to sign Coutinho rocked by Liverpool rejection
- The Trump administration is having secret talks with North Korea
- Abbott's electorate support same-sex marriage
- Piers Morgan reacts to Arsenal's 4-3 win over Leicester on Twitter
- Majority thinks Russian Federation probe should include Trump finances
- Now a National Emergency, State Lawmakers Take Aim at Combatting Opioid Crisis