"Mr President, as the Governor of Guam, representative of Guam's people, and as an American citizen, I felt never more safe and confident with you at the helm", the Governor said with a smile.
"We're going to do a great job, don't worry about a thing", Mr Trump responded.
He told the governor, "You seem like a hell of a guy".
"All over the world they're talking about Guam and they're talking about you", he continued. "They should have had me eight years ago.I have to say, Eddie, you're going to become extremely famous".
Trump has warned the North that it would "truly regret" attacking the USA, and that the USA military is "locked and loaded".More news: Trump Wants to 'De-Nuke the World'
UNDATED (AP) - Officials in Guam are disseminating fact sheets to help residents prepare for a possible missile strike from North Korea. "They're leaders discussing a rise in fame and tourism, while the world is watching our island carefully to see if we'll still be here tomorrow".
Trump on Friday furthered the rhetoric, saying the U.S. was "locked and loaded" to deal with the nuclear issue on the Korean peninsula.
Referring to an "imminent missile threat", it includes advice like: "Do not look at the flash or fireball - it can blind you".
The U.S. was positioned to defend an attack, but not to launch one at short notice without substantial consequences, the official added.
After the tourism discussion, the two talked more about North Korea and how to deal with someone like Kim Jong Un and about partisan rancor and obstructionism in Washington, D.C. "It may very well be tougher than I said".More news: After Bigg Boss See What Namitha Doing in Himachal Pradesh
Guam's $5 billion economy is fueled mainly by tourism and the United States military, which occupies about 30 percent of the island and is looking to expand. Territories like Guam, which North Korea has threatened to attack in response to Donald Trump's constant bluster about preemptive strikes.
Trump, and Chief of Staff General John Kelly, phoned Guam's governor Eddie Baza Calvo to assure him that the people of the country are safe and that the president is behind the them "1000 percent".
In addition to the United States military bases, Guam is also equipped with the sophisticated THAAD weapons system which is capable of destroying intermediate-range missiles in the final phase of flight.
Meanwhile here on Guam, the threat level remains unchanged.More news: David Moyes has a very blunt assessment of Paul Pogba
- Arsenal Edge Leicester in 7-Goal Premier League Thriller
- Ronald Koeman: Everton improvement is impossible in Premier League this year
- Jammu and Kashmir: Woman killed in Pakistan shelling along LoC
- Wenger 'relieved' Giroud has chose to stay
- Pioneer Library System to focus on solar eclipse
- Mourinho Confirms Interest In Signing £90m Super Star Ahead Of Chelsea
- Uber investor sues ex-CEO over alleged fraud
- Craig Shakespeare expects Danny Drinkwater to stay at Leicester this summer
- Woman flags down vehicle hours after small plane crashes near Adrian
- How three recent launches signaled new leaps in North Korea's missile capabilities