A day before the release, Akshay Kumar shared his feelings and thoughts about this enriching journey coming to end with a Facebook post. Toilet: Ek Prem Katha is released across 300 screens in India. Read Also: Salma Hayek wishes luck to Akshay for Toilet: Ek Prem Katha The film has high expectations attached to it in the box office.
Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar's most awaited movie "Toilet: Ek Prem Katha" has finally released this Friday and the movie has completed its 1st day at the box office. Toilet: Ek Prem Katha has collected Rs 11.50 crore (115 Million) net approx day one.More news: Mourinho Confirms Talks For Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Akshay, who met Hayek a year ago in Dubai at the Global Teachers Prize 2016, thanked the actor for supporting the initiative.
SRK and Anushka Sharma starrer romantic celluloid grossed Rs 59 crore total box office collection in 7 days. The surprisingly low collection in the box office for Jab Harry Met Sejal is primarily because the Imtiaz Ali film received a lot of mixed review from the audience. But, it seems like Akshay Kumar's "Toilet Ek Prem Katha" is set to break the curse and emerge as a blockbuster. Critics rating for Toilet: Ek Prem Katha is 4/5.More news: Trump warns North Korea that United States is 'locked and loaded'
It also has the advantage of the public holiday (Independence Day) on Tuesday, which will surely boost the film. Akshay's previous films too have opened with similar numbers in the past whether it is Jolly LLB 2 (Rs. 13.20 crore) or Rustom (Rs.14.11crore) and Housefull 3 (Rs.15.21 crore). It focuses on unhygienic conditions in rural India and supports Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.More news: OnePlus 3/3T wont get major OS updates after Android O
- Federer storms into semis, but Anderson goes down in Montreal
- Rainbow Six Siege Operation Blood Orchid is out August 29
- Trump claims warning to North Korea 'wasn't tough enough'
- Ronald Koeman confident of securing Gylfi Sigurdsson for Everton
- Keith Ellison: I Regret Saying NKorea's Kim 'More Responsible' Than Trump
- Sammy Watkins is headed to the NFC West
- China slams US Navy's new 'provocation' in South China Sea
- Dow plummets 205pts as Trump inflames Korea tension
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic set to make a Premier League return
- Bills deal Sammy Watkins, Ronald Darby in separate trades