A day before the release, Akshay Kumar shared his feelings and thoughts about this enriching journey coming to end with a Facebook post. Toilet: Ek Prem Katha is released across 300 screens in India. Read Also: Salma Hayek wishes luck to Akshay for Toilet: Ek Prem Katha The film has high expectations attached to it in the box office.
Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar's most awaited movie "Toilet: Ek Prem Katha" has finally released this Friday and the movie has completed its 1st day at the box office. Toilet: Ek Prem Katha has collected Rs 11.50 crore (115 Million) net approx day one.More news: Sharad Yadav removed as leader of JD(U) in Rajya Sabha
Akshay, who met Hayek a year ago in Dubai at the Global Teachers Prize 2016, thanked the actor for supporting the initiative.
SRK and Anushka Sharma starrer romantic celluloid grossed Rs 59 crore total box office collection in 7 days. The surprisingly low collection in the box office for Jab Harry Met Sejal is primarily because the Imtiaz Ali film received a lot of mixed review from the audience. But, it seems like Akshay Kumar's "Toilet Ek Prem Katha" is set to break the curse and emerge as a blockbuster. Critics rating for Toilet: Ek Prem Katha is 4/5.More news: China slams US Navy's new 'provocation' in South China Sea
It also has the advantage of the public holiday (Independence Day) on Tuesday, which will surely boost the film. Akshay's previous films too have opened with similar numbers in the past whether it is Jolly LLB 2 (Rs. 13.20 crore) or Rustom (Rs.14.11crore) and Housefull 3 (Rs.15.21 crore). It focuses on unhygienic conditions in rural India and supports Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.More news: Zlatan Ibrahimovic set to make a Premier League return
- Trump warns North Korea that United States is 'locked and loaded'
- 'Brangelina' still sailing through! Angelina Jolie calls off divorce from Brad Pitt
- Matsuyama charges into PGA lead
- Guardiola says he's not moved by talk that Man City are favourites
- Sammy Watkins is headed to the NFC West
- Bills deal Sammy Watkins, Ronald Darby in separate trades
- Guardiola forecasts end to City spending spree
- Trump claims warning to North Korea 'wasn't tough enough'
- Clear? Cloudy? What will Canada see for the Solar Eclipse?
- S&P falls 1.4 pct in safety flight on N. Korea tensions