Sony has set a date for the spin-off film set in the Spider-Man universe "Silver and Black". While Marvel Studios has gotten their MCU schedule down to a science, Sony's always had some trouble with ambitious ideas that don't pan out - just recently, the Amazing Spider-Mandirector spoke about the Sinister Six and Amazing Spider-Man 3 movies that Sony cancelled outright, and Sony's been trying to get Venommade for years.
The cast has yet to be announced, but the film will team up mercenary Silver Sable (Silver Sablinova) with burglar Black Cat (Felicia Hardy).More news: Dixon and Hoddle's 60-second season preview: Man Utd
Directed by Gina Prince-Bythewood (Love & Basketball), the standalone superhero film Silver and Black, which centers on the Marvel comic characters Silver Sable and Black Cat, will hit theaters on February 8, 2019.
In the comics, Silver Sable is the leader of the Wild Pack, a group that hunts war criminals.More news: Zillow Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:Z) Rating Reiterated by Cowen and Company
However, because of the underwhelming box office performance of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, those plans fell through and left Sony reaching a deal with Marvel Studios to reboot the character within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Gina Prince-Bythewood is directing and will also rewrite the script penned by "Thor: Ragnarok" scribe Chris Yost. The next installment of "Bad Boys", "Bad Boys For Life" has moved to November 19, 2018. Do you think that Sony is confident in their new spinoffs? The big screen Barbie movie has been pushed back to August 8, 2018 from a previous June 2018 date.More news: Political tensions continue to weigh on world stocks
After acquiring the "Sicario" sequel "Soldado" from Lionsgate, Sony has now dated the pic for June 29, 2018. Alethea Jones directs the film. Unfortunately, they won't have an official new Spider-Man movie to help them, but maybe Venom will work out for them instead.
- Breaking the Precedents, Facebook Quietly Launched an App in China
- Arsenal to make big Alexis Sanchez push
- Anna Paquin jokes about BBC breast broadcast
- Is this beloved Game Of Thrones character coming back from the dead?
- Heavy rains to continue over Assam, Meghalaya; flood situation to worsen
- 15 dead, 32 injured as blast hits army truck in Pakistan
- United Nations decries Nigerian Army's "unauthorised" search on its Base in Maiduguri
- Shares hit by US-North Korea tensions
- FS Investment Corporation (FSIC) Trades at New 52-Week High
- Trump Pressures China On Trade; Executive Action Expected Monday