Sony has set a date for the spin-off film set in the Spider-Man universe "Silver and Black". While Marvel Studios has gotten their MCU schedule down to a science, Sony's always had some trouble with ambitious ideas that don't pan out - just recently, the Amazing Spider-Mandirector spoke about the Sinister Six and Amazing Spider-Man 3 movies that Sony cancelled outright, and Sony's been trying to get Venommade for years.
The cast has yet to be announced, but the film will team up mercenary Silver Sable (Silver Sablinova) with burglar Black Cat (Felicia Hardy).More news: 15 dead, 32 injured as blast hits army truck in Pakistan
Directed by Gina Prince-Bythewood (Love & Basketball), the standalone superhero film Silver and Black, which centers on the Marvel comic characters Silver Sable and Black Cat, will hit theaters on February 8, 2019.
In the comics, Silver Sable is the leader of the Wild Pack, a group that hunts war criminals.More news: Anna Paquin jokes about BBC breast broadcast
However, because of the underwhelming box office performance of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, those plans fell through and left Sony reaching a deal with Marvel Studios to reboot the character within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Gina Prince-Bythewood is directing and will also rewrite the script penned by "Thor: Ragnarok" scribe Chris Yost. The next installment of "Bad Boys", "Bad Boys For Life" has moved to November 19, 2018. Do you think that Sony is confident in their new spinoffs? The big screen Barbie movie has been pushed back to August 8, 2018 from a previous June 2018 date.More news: Detroit Red Wings condemn use of logo by white nationalists at rally
After acquiring the "Sicario" sequel "Soldado" from Lionsgate, Sony has now dated the pic for June 29, 2018. Alethea Jones directs the film. Unfortunately, they won't have an official new Spider-Man movie to help them, but maybe Venom will work out for them instead.
- Rahul Gandhi bets on Congress win in Karnataka poll
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola: Premier League spending is unsustainable
- Wunderkind Shapovalov blasts into Rogers Cup semifinals
- United States pushes Asian nations on North Korea
- Zillow Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:Z) Rating Reiterated by Cowen and Company
- US Muslim Wins Payout After Hijab 'Forcibly Removed' by Police
- Political tensions continue to weigh on world stocks
- Sir Mo Farah claims silver in 5000 metres at world athletics championships
- United States destroyer in South China Sea violated law, harmed security
- Heavy rains to continue over Assam, Meghalaya; flood situation to worsen