"If he has any issue with the decision or is unhappy with it, he is free to express his opinion", he said while replying to a query on Sharad Yadav's recent statements against the JD-U-BJP rule in Bihar. "He has just been replaced with RCP Singh [as party leader in the Rajya Sabha]". "(It was a) necessary step because being leader if a person indulges in anti-party activities it has to be condemned unanimously", Narayan said about Sharad Yadav.
The JD (U) has 10 members in the Rajya Sabha. However, ANI quoted JD (U) leader K C Tyagi as saying "our MLA has voted for BJP". Mr Yadav had opposed the party's decision to ally with the BJP in Bihar.
Yadav's congratulations are noteworthy because the JD (U)'s official line was that it would support Patel's opponent, the BJP's Balwantsinh Rajput.More news: Mourinho Confirms Talks For Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Differences between Mr. Kumar and Mr. Yadav surfaced after the former snapped ties with the Congress and the RJD, and allied with the BJP to form a government in Bihar last month.
Senior Janata Dal (United) leader Sharad Yadav today congratulated Congress leader Ahmed Patel on winning the Rajya Sabha election in Gujarat, something that had turned into a prestige battle between the top leadership of the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party.
"Some party leaders are threatening me and those siding with me.I have faced Indira Gandhi and was not scared". Shard Yadav called Nitish's political move as "betrayal of the people's mandate".More news: China slams US Navy's new 'provocation' in South China Sea
Reasoning out the whole drama, Nitish Kumar reiterated that he quit the "grand alliance" in Bihar for the development of the state.More news: Clear? Cloudy? What will Canada see for the Solar Eclipse?
- Federer storms into semis, but Anderson goes down in Montreal
- Haryana stalking case: Vikas Barala sent to judicial custody till August 25
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic set to make a Premier League return
- Guardiola forecasts end to City spending spree
- 5 young players ready for Premier League breakthrough
- Trump warns North Korea that United States is 'locked and loaded'
- Wenger tells Lacazette to use Zlatan as benchmark at Arsenal
- Guardiola says he's not moved by talk that Man City are favourites
- Sammy Watkins is headed to the NFC West
- 'Brangelina' still sailing through! Angelina Jolie calls off divorce from Brad Pitt