While a 5 lb-ft lead over the competition isn't necessarily something to shout from the rooftops about, Ram can now unequivocally say it offers more grunt than any other truck in its class. For the 2018 Ram 3500, the optional 5th wheel setup is rated for 30,000lbs, giving the Ram 3500 the highest rating of any 1-ton truck sold in America. Combined with flow rate increases and a more optimized fuel delivery system, the new Ram 3500 HD now produces an additional 30 lb-ft. of torque, for a grand total of 930.
"This opens the door for our commercial customers who are looking for maximum weight on their fifth-wheel hitch", Morrison explained.
2018 Ram 3500 Heavy Duty
"Ram maintains capability leadership by delivering the highest-ever torque rating for a pickup truck and heaviest fifth-wheel trailer towing capacity", said Mike Manley, Head of Jeep and Ram Brand - FCA Global.
At the same time a newly engineered hitch design allows the new 3500 HD to tow up to 30,000lbs, enabling the new pickup truck to haul the heaviest trailers in the industry.More news: 5 young players ready for Premier League breakthrough
Ford and General Motors are still tops in the 2500 line, however. The 1-tonner has 930 pound-feet to offer from a 6.7-liter Cummins inline-6 turbo, which is 30 pound-feet more than before.More news: Ronald Koeman confident of securing Gylfi Sigurdsson for Everton
As for the 2018 Ram 3500 with the stronger 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel I-6, those trucks will reach dealerships in August. Through the first seven months of the year, sales of the light-duty Ram 1500 and heavy-duty Ram 2500 and 3500 increased by 6.3 percent to more than 290,000 vehicles compared to the same period in 2016.More news: Keith Ellison: I Regret Saying NKorea's Kim 'More Responsible' Than Trump
- Matsuyama charges into PGA lead
- Dow plummets 205pts as Trump inflames Korea tension
- China slams US Navy's new 'provocation' in South China Sea
- Usher Hooked Up with Accuser at Days Inn Hotel Staffer Claims
- Mourinho Confirms Talks For Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- North Korea talk drags global stocks lower; gold, yen rise
- Wenger tells Lacazette to use Zlatan as benchmark at Arsenal
- Sharad Yadav removed as leader of JD(U) in Rajya Sabha
- Haryana stalking case: Vikas Barala sent to judicial custody till August 25
- Trump warns North Korea that United States is 'locked and loaded'