After Lalu Yadav's anti-BJP rally planned for August 27 in Patna, opposition unity will face its big test in Gujarat where the Congress has chose to launch a satyagraha on September 1 along with other opposition parties, to protest what it calls are attacks on tribals in the state.More news: Former FSU K Roberto Aguayo Released by Bucs
The absence of the NCP, a constituent of the UPA, from the meeting triggered speculations that it is no more in the good books of the Congress, particularly after the Rajya Sabha elections from Gujarat.
It made a decision to form a sub-group that would come up with a blueprint for a joint opposition strategy before the winter session of Parliament begins later this year.More news: Egg-sasperated Brussels ministers arrange high-level meeting over egg scandal
Besides top Congress leaders, Trinamul Congress chief Mamata Banerjee is also likely to attend the meeting along with other senior leaders like Mayawati, Akhilesh Yadav and Sitaram Yechury, sources said. Apart from NCP, M Jose of Kerala Congress (Mani) excused himself from the meeting as he had a party programme on Friday.
Urging UP govt to take stringent actions against those behind the "crime", Sonia Gandhi asked state Congress workers to provide relief to families of victims. "We also thanked MPs and MLAs who voted for them", Azad told reporters. The farmer-related issue, increasing communal tension, misuse of investigating agencies, subversion of democratic institutions, attack on opposition leaders, etc were to be discussed.More news: Ben Affleck talks working with two directors on Justice League; Addresses reshoots
JD (U) MP Ali Anwar's presence gave a feeling that the Bihar ruling party is on the verge of a split. Speaking about Yadav and his disagreements over Kumar's decision to join the NDA, Kumar, who was in New Delhi on Friday, said that the decision was a joint one taken by his party and Yadav was free to hold any opinion he wanted to.
- Trump tells Calvo he's behind Guam "1000%"
- Franco-Nevada Corporation (FNV) jumped 3.58 percent in the last trading session
- The world's best Dota 2 players have been defeated by a bot
- 'Conte could walk at Chelsea' - Sutton sees trouble brewing at Stamford Bridge
- Gold climbs amid US-North Korean 'sabre-rattling'
- Samsung's next fitness device, Gear Sport, pops up in FCC filing
- Attack 'could be threat to the survival of Japan'
- Heavy rains to continue over Assam, Meghalaya; flood situation to worsen
- US Muslim Wins Payout After Hijab 'Forcibly Removed' by Police
- U.S. stocks close lower, snapping Dow's 10-day winning streak