Governor of Ekiti and PDP Governors' Forum, Ayodele Fayose said the forum was committed to the success of the party.
Makarfi, after his opening remark, thanked members of the party for the overwhelming attendance in just a short notice and called on the Chairman of the 2017 Non-Elective Special National Convention Planning Committee, Sen.
Earlier on Wednesday the party had held a committee meeting at the party's national secretariat in Abuja, where the Convention Committee chairman, Governor of Delta State, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa, and his subcommittee chairmen, deliberated on matters concerning the successful conduct of the convention, where principal officers of the party will be chosen.
Clark in a statement issued thursday concerning Saturday's non-elective national convention of the PDP, also advised the party to guard against the practice of relying on governors, government functionaries and candidates provides logistics and convey delegates to convention venues. Any time longer than three months will not be in the interest of the party.More news: Trump warns North Korea against attacking Guam
"It is time for self examination for all of us and to return to what is right bearing in mind our mistakes in the past".
However, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr. Dayo Adeyeye told newsmen on Friday that the PDP National Caretaker Committee extended an olive branch to Senator Sheriff because, the party adopted a policy of "no victor, no vanquished" in order to move the party forward.
"If there are interested members of the caretaker committee in elected positions, such as president, senator or governor".
The Friday's Meeting was well attended and presided over by the National Chairman, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, CON.More news: Mourinho Confirms Interest In Signing £90m Super Star Ahead Of Chelsea
"We are going to overcome that with our resilience and to do the needful".
"We must root out the past mistakes and make the needs and aspirations of the Nigerian people the centrepiece of our party's democratic agenda".
According to Makarfi, "In politics there are always issues but what is important is that we sit down and resolve the issues in a civil manner".
"We have come this far through a tortuous journey. Those who are decamping from PDP to APC are fair-weather friends of the party".More news: Follia Corea del Nord: "colpiremo Guam a metà agosto"
"As we speak there is no complete party officials in states such as Borno, Adamawa and many others", our source said.
- David Moyes has a very blunt assessment of Paul Pogba
- After almost two days aground, stranded freighter freed near Soo Locks
- Trump Wants to 'De-Nuke the World'
- Craig Shakespeare expects Danny Drinkwater to stay at Leicester this summer
- How three recent launches signaled new leaps in North Korea's missile capabilities
- Slater: Manchester duo poised to challenge Chelsea for title
- Trisha Paytas hits out at housemates after QUITTING Celebrity Big Brother
- Pioneer Library System to focus on solar eclipse
- After Bigg Boss See What Namitha Doing in Himachal Pradesh
- Wall St set to open flat after inflation data, N.Korea tensions