Calvo had the president on speaker phone, and posted a video of the exchange to his Facebook page. "So it's important that as we make decisions that those folks that are in a position of leadership that they understand, too, that war is the last option because not only will tens of thousands of American military forces and dependents be affected by a regional war but because the western Pacific has American soil in it, a couple hundred thousand Americans could get caught in the cross hairs".
"Governor, I just want to let you know we're with you 1,000 percent", Mr Trump told Mr Calvo.
Although nearly every major American news organization has misrepresented North Korea's missile threat as a direct response to Trump's "fire and fury" comment, the threat was actually issued in response to the U.S. Air Force moving B1-B Lancer supersonic bombers to Guam and test-firing a Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.More news: Dean Foods Company (DF) Cut to Neutral at JP Morgan Chase & Co
Trump continues, "This is between you and I, but you don't talk like they talk, you can't do that, and you can't do that with people like us".
Mr Calvo, a second-term Republican, said he had "never felt more safe or so confident" than with Mr Trump at the helm.
"Good morning, good morning", the president is heard saying to Calvo.
The president then takes a jab at his predecessors, telling Calvo, "They should've had me eight years ago, or at least somebody with my thought process because that was the time. You are safe, we are with you 1,000%".More news: Trump on North Korea; Google scandal; Trouble at Snap
"I just wanted to pay my respects [and say] you are safe", Mr Trump began the call.
Trump praised the military, bashed an "obstructionist Congress" and told Calvo how tourism would be boosted for Guam without spending money.
A giant inflatable chicken with a Donald Trump hairstyle has been placed near the White House by Taran Singh Brar, an Indian-origin activist, to protest the president's stand on releasing his tax returns, dealing with North Korea and engaging with Russian President Vladimir Putin. "So I'm just so thankful, and I'm glad you're holding the helm, sir".
"You know what, that could happen.it looks so lovely to me", Trump said.More news: Usher Hooked Up with Accuser at Days Inn Hotel Staffer Claims
"You've become extremely famous", Trump said.
- Ram Reveals 2018 3500 Heavy Duty, The Segment's Most Powerful Pickup Truck
- National 811 Day reminds people to call before digging
- Liberty Media Corporation - Ser (NASDAQ:FWONK) Experiences Heavier than Average Trading Volume
- Sharad Yadav removed as leader of JD(U) in Rajya Sabha
- A lifelong supporter of Huddersfield Town can barely believe his luck Premium
- Hundreds honor Justine Damond at memorial
- Futures lower as N.Korea tensions extend to third day
- 'Toilet: Ek Prem Katha' mints over Rs 13 crore on opening day!
- Markets Right Now: US stocks trade lower at midday
- Guardiola admits double injury blow ahead of Brighton clash