He also boasted the highest chance conversion rate in Europe's top five leagues last season (38.9 per cent), scoring 37 goals in 45 games as Lyon secured a fourth-place finish in Ligue 1 and reached the Europa League semi-finals. The former came as a welcome signing at 53 million euros as Wenger was already facing the heat because he was unwilling to loosen his purse strings to buy quality players.
Despite making such significant investments, Guardiola claimed City have actually saved money by getting the majority of their transfer business done earlier in the close season.
This year we haven't had many summer tournaments but one that seems to have affected us this year is the Confederations Cup.More news: (NASDAQ:TSLA) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc
Further forward, however, the omissions in this line-up show just how much strength and depth Manchester City possess.
The Foxes finished 12th past year, and they're hoping for better this time around.
Now with a freakish back four of (from right to left) Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Monreal, Kolasinac and Hector Bellerin, Arsenal pushed for an equaliser, and on 83 minutes it came.
"I will do my best like I did last season". That's a big if though... "So, I didn't think twice when I got the proposal from City". Depth will be more important than ever.
"In the short term he will remain an Arsenal player", he explained. Close, but not quite close enough.More news: Wenger: Arsenal not super optimistic Alexis will sign new contract
Jamie Vardy is Leicester City's go to man.
Clubs like Everton, Southampton, West Ham and Leicester will start to be snapping at their heels, with Ronald Koeman's side in particular showing a lot of ambition in the transfer market.
"Six players were out of contract".More news: Buffalo Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Los Angeles Rams
- Antonio Conte 'not looking for sympathy' over size of Chelsea squad
- Brighton & Hove Albion v Manchester City - fans' View
- Ayodhya dispute: SC grants three months for translating historic documents
- Top 25 Manchester City players of the Premier League era
- Lawyers want Penn State live-in frat adviser to testify in pledge death
- Eclipse Warning: Eye Damage Can be Permanent
- Arsenal rally late to defeat Leicester on opening night
- Gold steady near 2-mth highs as N. Korea tensions continue
- Georgia Official Calls For Criminal Investigation Into R. Kelly's Alleged Sex 'Cult'
- Will Game of Thrones Feature a Jon/Daenerys Romance?