He also boasted the highest chance conversion rate in Europe's top five leagues last season (38.9 per cent), scoring 37 goals in 45 games as Lyon secured a fourth-place finish in Ligue 1 and reached the Europa League semi-finals. The former came as a welcome signing at 53 million euros as Wenger was already facing the heat because he was unwilling to loosen his purse strings to buy quality players.
Despite making such significant investments, Guardiola claimed City have actually saved money by getting the majority of their transfer business done earlier in the close season.
This year we haven't had many summer tournaments but one that seems to have affected us this year is the Confederations Cup.More news: Bartosiak: Trading Tesla's (TSLA) Earnings with Options
Further forward, however, the omissions in this line-up show just how much strength and depth Manchester City possess.
The Foxes finished 12th past year, and they're hoping for better this time around.
Now with a freakish back four of (from right to left) Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Monreal, Kolasinac and Hector Bellerin, Arsenal pushed for an equaliser, and on 83 minutes it came.
"I will do my best like I did last season". That's a big if though... "So, I didn't think twice when I got the proposal from City". Depth will be more important than ever.
"In the short term he will remain an Arsenal player", he explained. Close, but not quite close enough.More news: Ayodhya dispute: SC grants three months for translating historic documents
Jamie Vardy is Leicester City's go to man.
Clubs like Everton, Southampton, West Ham and Leicester will start to be snapping at their heels, with Ronald Koeman's side in particular showing a lot of ambition in the transfer market.
"Six players were out of contract".More news: Arsenal rally late to defeat Leicester on opening night
- Georgia Official Calls For Criminal Investigation Into R. Kelly's Alleged Sex 'Cult'
- Football Is Returning As Arsenal Prepare To Welcome Leicester To The Emirates
- Denver pensioner stuck in elevator for a month found dead
- Brighton & Hove Albion v Manchester City - fans' View
- Top 25 Manchester City players of the Premier League era
- Buffalo Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Los Angeles Rams
- Gold steady near 2-mth highs as N. Korea tensions continue
- White House Gets a Face-Lift While Trump's Out of Town
- US stocks slip amid heightened US-North Korea tensions
- CNN's Zakaria: Trump North Korea threats 'the art of the bluff'