This comes in the backdrop of the recent stalking case when woman was followed by two men in a vehicle - one of who was Haryana Bharatiya Janata Party chief Subhash Barala's son. He has said that at the time the police rounded up the two suspects that night, there was no woman present. After interrogation, both were again arrested by the police. Pleading for two-day remand, the public prosecutor told the court that the police needed to reconstruct the crime scene and find the motive behind stalking and attempt to abduct the 29-year-old disc jockey. Police had recovered CCTV footage of incident night in which case Vikas was seen chasing varnika kundu.
Allegations on BJP backing the accused has been surfacing as Subhash Barala, father of Vikas are the chief of BJP Haryana.More news: Trump's Nuclear Weapons Arsenal Isn't Any Different Than Obama's
Vikas Barala and his friend Ashish Kumar, who are accused of chasing and stalking Varnika Kundu, the daughter of a senior IAS officer in a bid to kidnap her, were sent to judicial custody till August 25 on Saturday.
Vikas and Ashish were arrested on August 5 and later released on bail.More news: North Korea talk drags global stocks lower; gold, yen rise
There was a massive outrage on streets and in the Parliament regarding the stalking incident, with the Congress accusing the ruling party of protecting the accused.
The summon was issued to the duo under 160 Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) and the case has been filed against Barala under Section 354D (stalking), 341 (wrongful restraint), 34 (common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and 185 MV Act (rash driving).More news: Sharad Yadav removed as leader of JD(U) in Rajya Sabha
Police has been probing the case for the last five days and whenever they were called, both the youth have joined the investigation, he said. He assured action against his son.
- 'Toilet: Ek Prem Katha' mints over Rs 13 crore on opening day!
- Usher Hooked Up with Accuser at Days Inn Hotel Staffer Claims
- Mourinho Confirms Talks For Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- China slams US Navy's new 'provocation' in South China Sea
- Trump claims warning to North Korea 'wasn't tough enough'
- Rainbow Six Siege Operation Blood Orchid is out August 29
- 'Brangelina' still sailing through! Angelina Jolie calls off divorce from Brad Pitt
- Ronald Koeman confident of securing Gylfi Sigurdsson for Everton
- Trump warns North Korea that United States is 'locked and loaded'
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic set to make a Premier League return