Four of those new players cost more than £40m but that pales into insignificance compared to the €222m (£197m) Paris Saint-Germain paid Barcelona for Neymar.
"It started with Real Madrid and Ronaldo going for £80 million and then Bale for £85 million and everything went more expensive".
"Last season in my first press conference we were the favourites so nothing has changed". We will change one important player, it depends on who we are going to stay.
Express Sport has had a go at predicting how each of the weekend's fixtures will play out - do you agree?More news: Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving unveils shoe collaboration with Kobe Bryant
Despite making such significant investments, Guardiola claimed City have actually saved money by getting the majority of their transfer business done earlier in the close season.
In spite of City's lavish summer spending, which has seen the club surpass the £220m barrier, Guardiola anticipates a tough start for the new season.
"So we have to disregard most of it, because it's something that we can't affect", he said on Friday.
"I think it is unsustainable. The market is what it is but sooner or later it is going to finish".
Upon Gabriel's return from injury, the two at times played together in Pep Guardiola's side, and the 20-year-old forward is expecting their friendly rivalry will bring the best out of each other as well as the team this season.More news: Trump to Guam's Governor: 'Don't Worry About a Thing'
"I think he must, too". We won 10 games in a row. The big failure now takes one week in football. The pressure it's never a big problem.
"I don't [think] there's extra pressure on me", he said.
"The match against Manchester City, our debut in the Premier League, will also be one of the club's greatest-ever occasions.I want to see my club competing against the best in the land, and to see some of the best players in the world gracing the turf of the Amex Stadium".
"People say in the first news conference we are favourites". We have to deal with that and handle that.
"City are probably not going to know as much about us as we do about them".More news: Nokia 8 may launch with Android O, reveals GeekBench listing
- Americans want Trump, Congress to make ObamaCare work
- Sammy Watkins is headed to the NFC West
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic set to make a Premier League return
- Trump warns North Korea that United States is 'locked and loaded'
- Keith Ellison: I Regret Saying NKorea's Kim 'More Responsible' Than Trump
- Bills deal Sammy Watkins, Ronald Darby in separate trades
- Trump's Nuclear Weapons Arsenal Isn't Any Different Than Obama's
- Trump claims warning to North Korea 'wasn't tough enough'
- Trump to Guam: 'Don't worry about a thing'
- North Korea talk drags global stocks lower; gold, yen rise