The Portugal worldwide has always been touted as a top talent and played a part in his country's Euro 2016 success, but Premier League clubs have so far resisted the urge to make a bid.
United have invested heavily on the signings of Romelu Lukaku, Nemanja Matic and Victor Lindelof in the transfer window, while champions Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal have also spent large sums. However, they are yet to sign a wide player.
Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez will make his second debut for a Premier League club this weekend.
Since his arrival in 2016, there is no doubt Jose Mourinho has helped to stop the decline United experienced since Sir Alex Ferguson departed the club in 2013 after 26 years as manager. "I am going to play football, which is something I was fighting for since I was a kid, and then we will see what happens".More news: USA airstrike kills several civilians in Afghanistan
However, he's not expected to return to action until January next year.
"I don't say I know the league better because I have been in this league for a long time".
The Red Devils finished in sixth place in the table in Mourinho's first term in charge as they effectively surrendered their remaining domestic fixtures in order to prioritise winning the Europa League.
"It's going to be a challenge for everybody but we'll take it in our stride, compete and we'll surprise a few people", March told The Times newspaper. If Mkhitaryan plays up to the level he did during pre-season, surely he can score absolute crackers in the new season.
It's unlikely that City will consider bringing Jason Denayer back into the first-team fold, however.More news: 5 young players ready for Premier League breakthrough
"We needed to do that this summer because it was one of the oldest teams in Europe, not just the Premier League".
"He was very clear, by showing what he did previous year, that it was not enough for him", Mourinho told reporters on Friday.
"For us there are some great examples of teams that have gone up and stayed up". To have the 28 goal leading scorer of last season back in the ranks could prove monumental for Mourinho's men in the second half of the season.
'Obviously [we wanted] a player for another position playing from the sides, but we have players and if you can not strengthen the team in these areas, we have people that we trust and we go for it'.More news: China slams US Navy's new 'provocation' in South China Sea
- Chelsea Must Do This To Hope To Defend Title - Alan Shearer
- Trump touts power of USA nuclear arsenal amid N
- Trump's Nuclear Weapons Arsenal Isn't Any Different Than Obama's
- Keith Ellison: I Regret Saying NKorea's Kim 'More Responsible' Than Trump
- North Korea threatening missile strike on Guam, report says
- Ronald Koeman confident of securing Gylfi Sigurdsson for Everton
- Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving unveils shoe collaboration with Kobe Bryant
- Wenger tells Lacazette to use Zlatan as benchmark at Arsenal
- Federer storms into semis, but Anderson goes down in Montreal
- In Silicon Valley, Defense Secretary Promotes Diplomatic Solution To North Korea