It is expected that City will fail in their pursuit for the Spain worldwide this summer, considering the star's importance in Barca's starting XI and they have already lost a key player this summer in the shape of Neymar.
Pep explained City's heavy investment, saying, "We had one of the oldest teams in the Premier League so we made a decision to put energy in the team for the next five, six years".
The Portugal worldwide helped Monaco topple Paris Saint-Germain and win the Ligue 1 title last season, but did not stick around to help them defend it, agreeing a deal with City at the soonest.
"Danilo is 26, (Benjamin) Mendy is 23, Bernardo (Silva) is 22, Ederson is 23, so we bought players who are going to be stable for the next years".More news: Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio: All options on table for North Korea
Guardiola said the current spike in football transfer spending, which culminated in Neymar's recent world record move from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain for 222 million euros (£200 million, $260 million), had been building for some time.
"It's going to be a challenge for everybody but we'll take it in our stride, compete and we'll surprise a few people", March told The Times newspaper.
"We're not expected to beat teams like City". He has to be strong but, of course, his quality is flawless for the way we want to play.More news: Fifth Harmony Features Convertible Cadillac DeVille in New "Angel" Music Video
What doesn't help is the fact that their best player, Eden Hazard, is set to miss the start of the season due to a fractured ankle.
Muric, 18, is also slated to join the travelling party down to the south coast as third-choice goalkeeper, replacing Angus Gunn, who provided cover last season but is now on loan at Norwich. In the next three or four years Manchester City will buy one, two, maybe three players.
"We did it earlier and we are lucky because it would be more expensive now", said the Catalan.
A year ago he was named Man City's Player of the Season and is set to feature in Guardiola's first-team plans despite the arrival of Bernardo Silva from Monaco and the emergence of talented youngsters Phil Foden, Brahim Diaz and Jadon Sancho.More news: Texas House tentatively passes bill increasing penalties for mail-in ballot fraud
- Coburn, Frerichs complete shock United States one-two in steeplechase
- Crazy Theory Suggests That Earth Might Get Hit By Planet Nibiru Soon
- Discovery Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:DISCB) Closed Well Below Its 50 Day Average
- West Nile Virus found in Kent County mosquitoes
- Majority thinks Russian Federation probe should include Trump finances
- Ryan Tannehill to have surgery, headed to injured reserve
- Top 25 Irish Premier League memorable moments 25-11
- Why Manchester City are favorites to win the Premier League
- Prem title more realistic this season - Mou
- Antonio Conte : I never wanted Matic to leave Chelsea for United