Federal Judge Jed Rakoff (RAY'-kahf) also said Friday that the rapper must wear an electronic bracelet.
DMX outside Manhattan Federal Court – Aug 11 2017
DMX's attorney, Murray Richman, also addressed his tardiness to his hearing citing that his driver "took a circuitous route and got here late".More news: Arsenal rally late to defeat Leicester on opening night
The judge says DMX repeatedly had tested positive for drugs including cocaine since his arrest last month and had a history of arrests.More news: Wenger: Arsenal not super optimistic Alexis will sign new contract
"I'm going to not detain him in jail, although a very strong argument could be made for detaining him in jail", Rakoff said, adding that he believes too many people are locked up before trial.More news: Mourinho predicts seven-way fight for Premier League title
Although the judge was not pleased with him and had the ability to put DMX back in jail, they chose to put him on house arrest, as he will have to wear an ankle monitor for the rest of his case. "In addition, it sounds like he's a liar". "Just being in there and being able to walk out". He pleaded not guilty to 14 counts related to the tax case. They say he moved hundreds of thousands of dollars in music royalty income into his managers' bank accounts, letting them pay him in cash so he could hide it from the Internal Revenue Service. Not only did the embattled rapper showed up 30 minutes late to his hearing, but he reportedly failed four drug tests.
- Conte To Start 2 New Signings: Predicted Chelsea Line-Up vs Burnley
- Fifth Harmony Features Convertible Cadillac DeVille in New "Angel" Music Video
- Denver pensioner stuck in elevator for a month found dead
- (NASDAQ:TSLA) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc
- LA City Council Unanimously Approves 2028 Olympics Deal
- US stocks slip amid heightened US-North Korea tensions
- Guam has 14 minutes to alert if DPRK fires missiles
- World's oldest man, Holocaust survivor, dies aged 113
- Antonio Conte 'not looking for sympathy' over size of Chelsea squad
- CNN's Zakaria: Trump North Korea threats 'the art of the bluff'