The fiery Scot does not think Pogba is in the same league as Old Trafford legends Eric Cantona and Ryan Giggs.
Manchester United have made waves in the transfer market in recent years, splashing millions of pounds to get them back to the top in the post-Sir Alex Ferguson era. I'm the same, talking, encouraging players.More news: Sky to broadcast Premier League in Dolby Atmos
"He's a player who knows the Premier League and I believe he will really help us a lot in the coming season." the Frenchman explained.
"I think he's a top player, I don't know if he's a player who completely makes a difference for Manchester United". Scoring goals, that's what we were expecting.
"I don't know if Lukaku is there for that, I think Lukaku is there to get on the end of crosses and run in behind, which Manchester United will enjoy, they always like strikers who are willing to run in behind and I do think that Lukaku's record, his stature, you might see Manchester United playing a little bit differently". This being said, Mourinho remains a fan.More news: Wall St set to open flat after inflation data, N.Korea tensions
He added: "If you look at the games that he played under Louis van Gaal and now under Jose Mourinho, he's vital". A good season for me? I'm not sure about that.
"He was never someone who was going to play in all the games at United". I'm 24 now but when you are on the pitch there is no age. It was long work as I took him to dinner and I talked to him and he agreed to join me at Old Trafford.
It's unlikely that the midfielder will start for the Reds in Skopje because of his lack of match fitness, but there is no doubt he would make an impact if he were to play some part during the game. However, the quote that Fellaini is "a decent passer without being a great passer" should provide his detractors with plenty of criticism.More news: Mariners Log: M's fall to Angels on Segura's ninth-inning error
"He managed nine past year and hit the crossbar and post plenty of times as well, so he can bring the goals that might turn draws into wins and have a real effect on the team".
- LG V30 tipped to launch along with a Plus variant; pricing leaked
- Same manager, same tactics, better players - Guardiola lays out Man City blueprint
- Advice from an eye doctor on viewing the eclipse safely
- Pioneer Library System to focus on solar eclipse
- Rubio defends Trump's promise of 'fire and fury'
- Pep Guardiola: Premier League players £20-£25m more expensive
- UN OKs new sanctions vs N. Korea. What next?
- Markets slide for third day on political tension
- Missile threat is great for tourism, Trump tells Guam
- Trump warns North Korea against attacking Guam