Law wrote Chelsea will make a second offer for Drinkwater as part of a plan to sign up to three players before this summer's transfer window closes on August 31.
It is understood that Drinkwater is interested in a move to Chelsea, even though he may find himself behind N'Golo Kante, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Cesc Fabregas in head coach Antonio Conte's pecking order.
There have been widespread reports in the British media in recent days suggesting that the Blues are keen on luring the England worldwide to Stamford Bridge following the sale of Nemanja Matic to Manchester United last week.
However, it would appear that Leicester City boss Shakespeare has no intention of letting one of his club's prized assets leave the King Power Stadium this summer.More news: US Rep. Adams hopes Trump's North Korea comments 'not an ego thing'
"We don't want to be a selling club, we want to add to it", Shakespeare was quoted as saying by the Daily Mail. The players want enough games and minutes on the pitch but whoever plays in the first game will want to do well.
"I think every club is living in that reality, so we have to deal with it".
The Algerian winger has been linked with a move away from the Midlands throughout the summer, after submitting a transfer request earlier in the transfer window.More news: Follia Corea del Nord: "colpiremo Guam a metà agosto"
Could these two be back together at Chelsea soon?
"You know when you have good players that there might be interest from other clubs but I wouldn't sleep at night if all the scenarios that you (the media) put to me happened".
"I can only speak on how I've found him coming back, he has been focussed and driven", said the Leicester manager.More news: Woman flags down vehicle hours after small plane crashes near Adrian
- Slater: Manchester duo poised to challenge Chelsea for title
- Advice from an eye doctor on viewing the eclipse safely
- Pioneer Library System to focus on solar eclipse
- UN OKs new sanctions vs N. Korea. What next?
- Arsenal Edge Leicester in 7-Goal Premier League Thriller
- Markets slide for third day on political tension
- Ronald Koeman: Everton improvement is impossible in Premier League this year
- Mourinho Confirms Interest In Signing £90m Super Star Ahead Of Chelsea
- After almost two days aground, stranded freighter freed near Soo Locks
- Insider Trading at SeaWorld Entertainment Inc?