Irving reportedly has requested to be traded from the Cleveland Cavaliers, as the four-time All-Star allegedly is exhausted of playing in LeBron James' shadow. "But they also have Jerry West and he's been able to figure out before". That all ended yesterday thanks to a new report from ESPN's Dave McMenamin that gave further insight into the situation within the Cavs locker room going back to the playoffs.
While the actual working parts to a trade aren't necessarily there after getting loose parts from the Chris Paul trade in late June, the interest and the fit are there, as the Clippers have a real need of a perennial scorer to play alongside Blake Griffin and one that can be relied on from the perimeter.
You can listen to the full episode of the BBall Breakdown podcast here.More news: TSX closes 143 points lower, gold rises amid US-North Korean tensions
"I'm not sure. Phoenix, of course, hired (former Cavalier) James Jones this offseason", McMenamin said.
"It's one thing for people to go through your ups and downs during the regular season".More news: Barca plans to sign Coutinho rocked by Liverpool rejection
"Even at that level there were still things that made him sullen or reclusive from his teammates".
In all, not much traction has been seen on the Irving trade front, as there hasn't been much more than rumored interest and offers among teams to this point. Basically, Jones said that Irving didn't speak to his teammates at practice in between the first round series against in and the second round series against Toronto. ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski said on "Mike and Mike" that he believes Cleveland is eyeing trades that may not help them this year, but will set them up nicely for the future, in the event that both Irving and LeBron James aren't there.More news: Louis 'Rally Cat' missing after appearance at Cardinals game
- The Trump administration is having secret talks with North Korea
- S&P falls 1.4 pct in safety flight on N. Korea tensions
- Nokia 8 may launch with Android O, reveals GeekBench listing
- Piers Morgan reacts to Arsenal's 4-3 win over Leicester on Twitter
- McGregor prepares for big bout with Mayweather
- North Korea tensions continue to weigh on global stocks
- Patrick Mahomes opening eyes at Chiefs' camp
- Mega Millions, Powerball jackpots soar over $350 million each
- Abbott's electorate support same-sex marriage
- Indore schoolboy rescued from Blue Whale's jaws!