Barcelona's ongoing pursuit of Philippe Coutinho may be the biggest current saga of the summer transfer window, but Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has warned the Catalan giants they risk losing their own star player too.
"Then there is the list, with the release-clauses for Barcelona".More news: Dow plummets 205pts as Trump inflames Korea tension
As for PSG, it is France's most famous football club but with a stadium capacity of just 48,000 you might wonder how it can possibly afford a player who will cost €30 million a year on top of his transfer fee. That used to be an outrageous amount. However it is now up to tax authorities to decide whether they accept the amount that Neymar's defense team has calculated that he owes.
"I don't even know if this is right", he continued.More news: Slaven Bilic: 'Manuel Lanzini happy at West Ham United'
Barcelona and La Liga have both threatened PSG with Financial Fair Play rules and it's been suggested that new controls may be instated in the transfer market. But PSG has done so even though Spanish football authorities refused to facilitate the payment, in the belief that it might breach "financial fair play" rules created to prevent clubs spending beyond their means.
PSG's capture of Neymar is meant to turn the Ligue 1 side, who finished second behind Monaco in Ligue 1 last season, into genuine contenders to win the Champions League, but Klopp stressed there is more to the sport than signing star players. A simple solution would be a rule.More news: Ram Reveals 2018 3500 Heavy Duty, The Segment's Most Powerful Pickup Truck
According to the report, Di Maria wants to leave PSG following the arrival of Neymar, knowing that his opportunities at the French club will become limited. "This is a topic now since it happened for the first time". These hero stories - that one is better than everyone and so on - I don't think that Neymar had that specific idea.
- Guardiola forecasts end to City spending spree
- Guardiola defends Man City's big spending
- Haryana stalking case: Vikas Barala sent to judicial custody till August 25
- Clear? Cloudy? What will Canada see for the Solar Eclipse?
- Dean Foods Company (DF) Cut to Neutral at JP Morgan Chase & Co
- A lifelong supporter of Huddersfield Town can barely believe his luck Premium
- Markets Right Now: Stocks drop, led by technology companies
- Futures lower as N.Korea tensions extend to third day
- Hundreds honor Justine Damond at memorial
- Guam Fires Off 'Imminent Missile Threat' Doc Amid North Korea's Threat