Barcelona's ongoing pursuit of Philippe Coutinho may be the biggest current saga of the summer transfer window, but Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has warned the Catalan giants they risk losing their own star player too.
"Then there is the list, with the release-clauses for Barcelona".More news: A lifelong supporter of Huddersfield Town can barely believe his luck Premium
As for PSG, it is France's most famous football club but with a stadium capacity of just 48,000 you might wonder how it can possibly afford a player who will cost €30 million a year on top of his transfer fee. That used to be an outrageous amount. However it is now up to tax authorities to decide whether they accept the amount that Neymar's defense team has calculated that he owes.
"I don't even know if this is right", he continued.More news: Guardiola unmoved by Manchester City favourite tag
Barcelona and La Liga have both threatened PSG with Financial Fair Play rules and it's been suggested that new controls may be instated in the transfer market. But PSG has done so even though Spanish football authorities refused to facilitate the payment, in the belief that it might breach "financial fair play" rules created to prevent clubs spending beyond their means.
PSG's capture of Neymar is meant to turn the Ligue 1 side, who finished second behind Monaco in Ligue 1 last season, into genuine contenders to win the Champions League, but Klopp stressed there is more to the sport than signing star players. A simple solution would be a rule.More news: 'Brangelina' still sailing through! Angelina Jolie calls off divorce from Brad Pitt
According to the report, Di Maria wants to leave PSG following the arrival of Neymar, knowing that his opportunities at the French club will become limited. "This is a topic now since it happened for the first time". These hero stories - that one is better than everyone and so on - I don't think that Neymar had that specific idea.
- Guardiola admits double injury blow ahead of Brighton clash
- Ronald Koeman confident of securing Gylfi Sigurdsson for Everton
- Markets Right Now: US stocks trade lower at midday
- National 811 Day reminds people to call before digging
- Futures lower as N.Korea tensions extend to third day
- Guardiola forecasts end to City spending spree
- Liberty Media Corporation - Ser (NASDAQ:FWONK) Experiences Heavier than Average Trading Volume
- 'Toilet: Ek Prem Katha' mints over Rs 13 crore on opening day!
- Who's Side Are They On? Nets Tout North Korea's Anti-US 'Defiance'
- Guam Fires Off 'Imminent Missile Threat' Doc Amid North Korea's Threat