Barcelona have seen two bids for the Reds midfielder rejected and the Merseyside club has moved to alleviate the concerns of supporters, who fear that the spending power and allure of the Spanish side would tempt their playmaker to agree to the switch.
Soon after the press conference, reports emerged that Coutinho had handed in a transfer request.
The same family member revealed problems have been brewing behind the scenes between Klopp and Coutinho over the last six months.
In today's edition, the ownership group of Liverpool Football Club released a statement, espousing the same position that they have maintained all along- Coutinho is not going to Barcelona, and that he's simply not for sale at this time.
Farley plays Liverpool skipper Jordan Henderson, who explains to viewers he has received an email from the wantaway Brazilian.More news: Abbott's electorate support same-sex marriage
Liverpool's resolve to keep Philippe Coutinho remains intact despite their anger at the Brazilian's attempt to force a move to Barcelona by emailing a transfer request.
"He has tremendous love for the club and its fans but Liverpool does not let its players leave on amicable terms".
Liverpool's determination to hold on to Coutinho, as they did with Suarez in 2013 before allowing him to leave the following year, could cause Barca to target Tottenham's Christian Eriksen instead.
The Brazilian global has been in the headlines today as he's set to sit out the Reds' Premier League opener against Watford tomorrow afternoon with a back injury but his long-term future at Anfield is in serious doubt. A lot of different things. If we ask early enough, we try to do it.
Klopp said: "It's like I said: the club is bigger than anybody".More news: Top 25 Irish Premier League memorable moments 25-11
"Liverpool is not a club that has to sell players", Klopp said this week, via the Liverpool Echo.
"We're not a selling club so they're going to do everything in their power for him to stay".
"But you can not come up, close to the start of the season with things like this". Whether it is this summer or the next summer after their unrest, players tend to get what they want.
"Maybe everybody has a price - in the right moment".More news: HBO offered GoT hackers $250k Bitcoin 'bounty'
- Antonio Conte : I never wanted Matic to leave Chelsea for United
- Myles Garrett: It's time to show you can play with big boys
- Guardiola fast-tracks Man City starlet Phil Foden to first-team
- Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio: All options on table for North Korea
- US Atlantic hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Guam has 14 minutes to alert if DPRK fires missiles
- West Nile Virus found in Kent County mosquitoes
- Discovery Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:DISCB) Closed Well Below Its 50 Day Average
- Coburn, Frerichs complete shock United States one-two in steeplechase
- Texas House tentatively passes bill increasing penalties for mail-in ballot fraud