In March, Chief Justice JS Khehar to negotiate a settlement out of court and offered his services as a mediator.
The court further said that the controversial 2.77 acres of land in Ayodhya be divided equally among Ram Lalla, Sunni Waqf Board and Nirmohi Akhara.
While the controversy has torn the country apart in the past, the final hearing for the title dispute by the Supreme Court will commence on December 5.More news: Teekay LNG Partners LP (NYSE:TGP) Experiences Lighter than Average Trading Volume
A day after taking a stand that it was agreeable to shifting of the demolished mosque to bring about a closure to the vexed dispute, the board made a decision to revive its dispute with the Sunni Waqf Board by filing an appeal after more than seven decades. The Sunni board is clearly unhappy with these new developments.
The court, however, said it would hear civil appeals and other connected matters would be considered later. The Bench pointed out that these are the same documents which had already been produced before the Allahabad High Court.
Countering the prevalent perception that the mosque was built by Mughal emperor Babur, the board said it was actually constructed by his minister Abdul Mir Baqi, a Shia Muslim, out of his own funds. Hence, this will create problem for both the religious denominations", he said, adding, "So it is better for the Shia board to bring upon a situation where there is no such kind of disturbance. But with all senior advocates trying to speak at the same time, the court had a hard time in even fixing the schedule for final hearing in the most sensitive case that the nation has ever faced.More news: Asteroid to shave past earth inside moon orbit in October
The RSS, Vishwa Hindu Parishad and BJP have been running a campaign for construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya. The trial court failed to appreciate that merely ordering to build mosque does not make that person as Wakif.
"The basic reason is that even if in one-third area the mosque is built, they will use the oud speaker, and similarly in the remaining area, temple will also have its loud speaker".
The board went on to say that the Mosque was always looked after by the Shia community. Sibal, Dhavan and Chaudhari questioning the locus standi of BJP leader Subramanian Swamy in the matter and said it was he who misguided the CJI in getting the matters pulled out of a seven-year hibernation.More news: LA City Council Unanimously Approves 2028 Olympics Deal
- Will Game of Thrones Feature a Jon/Daenerys Romance?
- Barcelona eye up £72m move for Real Madrid's Marco Asensio
- Stem cell implants could provide 'functional cure' for type 1 diabetes
- Georgia Official Calls For Criminal Investigation Into R. Kelly's Alleged Sex 'Cult'
- Brighton & Hove Albion v Manchester City - fans' View
- White House Gets a Face-Lift While Trump's Out of Town
- Gold steady near 2-mth highs as N. Korea tensions continue
- Lawyers want Penn State live-in frat adviser to testify in pledge death
- Guardiola returns to Man City drawing board
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar expresses grief over Buxar District Magistrate's death