Chennai: The Nazarathpet Police in Chennai summoned actress and Tamil Bigg Boss contestant Oviya alias Helen as she allegedly attempted suicide on the show. He blamed the producer of the show and the host for forcing her to face such situations in the show and airing it on the channel to gain TRPs.
The show got tremendous TVRs in its initial weeks, but the contestants are yet to get into the groove of the things.More news: After almost two days aground, stranded freighter freed near Soo Locks
An advocate in his complaint alleged that Oviya had attempted suicide by trying to drown herself in a pool inside the Bigg Boss house in one of the episodes telecast on August 4.
In response, the Nazarathpet police Inspector Jaichandran said the complaint has been recorded in the Community Social Register (CSR). She left the Big Boss house last weekend due to mental health issues.More news: Insider Trading at SeaWorld Entertainment Inc?
The petitioner has asked for the show to be banned on the grounds of protecting Tamil culture. However, sources close to Oviya denies that the actress didn't attempt suicide.
Endemol Shine India's Tamil and Telugu versions of Bigg Boss were recently launched on Star Vijay and Star Maa respectively. The show has been served several legal notices for the behaviour of its contestants.More news: Wall St set to open flat after inflation data, N.Korea tensions
The controversial show is hosted by actor Kamal Haasan. She had used the word "cheri" (slum) while talking about a fellow housemate's behaviour on the show.
- UN OKs new sanctions vs N. Korea. What next?
- People used to Google 'Pochettino' - Spurs boss responds to Rose
- David Moyes has a very blunt assessment of Paul Pogba
- Arsenal Edge Leicester in 7-Goal Premier League Thriller
- Follia Corea del Nord: "colpiremo Guam a metà agosto"
- Trisha Paytas hits out at housemates after QUITTING Celebrity Big Brother
- Advice from an eye doctor on viewing the eclipse safely
- Swine flu toll climbs to six in Odisha
- Mourinho Confirms Interest In Signing £90m Super Star Ahead Of Chelsea
- Markets slide for third day on political tension