His activism sparked both outrage and support from people across the aisle, and now with just one month until the regular season begins, as a free agent, Kaepernick still hasn't been signed on to a team. "And I'm just as disappointed with the folks who have money and influence who are not kneeling with him and standing with him as I am with the National Football League itself", Watkins added.
Kaepernick, formerly of the San Francisco 49ers, became a topic of national conversation past year when he chose not to stand during the national anthem.
The public has spoken...and by public, I mean a legendary member of the group, Public Enemy.More news: Gulfport Energy Corporation (GPOR) Position Decreased by Timessquare Capital Management, LLC
"We also understand the objective of Colin Kaepernick's protest is FAR more important than any games you will ever watch". The team has been rumored to be considering the QB while Joe Flacco is out for an injury.
Some disagree, including outspoken ESPN commentator Stephen A. Smith.
Watkins said stances like Kaepernick's "has historically not ended well, however, there was the expectation that as a country that we had become more evolved".More news: Just Eat PLC (LON:JE) Price Target Raised to GBX 780
"We also want to send a clear message to the NFL".
A group has created a Change.org petition to boycott the National Football League if quarterback Colin Kaepernick does not play in the 2017 National Football League season. Several Chicago charities have benefitted from Kaepernick's generosity, including Chicago's Southsiders Organized for Unity and Liberation (SOUL) and the city's Black Youth Project 100.
Perez said Kaepernick, who she's friends with, is training on his own every day.More news: 'The Munsters' Reboot In Works At NBC From Jill Kargman & Seth Meyers
- 'I like Mourinho a lot' - Willian reveals failed talks with Manchester United
- Tiger Woods Confirms He And Kristin Smith Are No Longer Dating
- Climate Change's Impact in the US? It's Already Here, Scientists Say
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) Closed its Previous Trade at $172.11
- Stock Trending Alert: MBIA Inc. (MBI)
- Highly Traded Stock: Wells Fargo & Company
- Amazon Moving Into US Ticket Sales, Threatens Ticketmaster Dominance
- Pan American Silver Corp. Earnings Ahead: Quick Glance
- British Police Raid Hotel in Greater Manchester's Salford
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ACHN) Downgraded to Neutral at Robert W. Baird