Here are a few do's and don'ts of how to view the solar eclipse on the day.
A solar eclipse occurs when the Sun, moon and Earth line up and the moon's shadow falls on earth as it covers the Sun. Texoma will not see a full eclipse. Do not look through them unless they have a solar filter of their own installed.
On May 20, 2012, a portion of the western United States experienced an annular solar eclipse. It casts what is known as the 'path of totality.' It's about 100 km wide, so people along this path will get to witness the rare sight: a total eclipse of the sun. Be sure to check exact times of totality if you're lucky enough to be in the path. A solar eclipse is, in the simplest terms, when the moon's orbit places it in front of the sun and blocks most of the light. He said the last total solar eclipse that occurred in part of the lower 48 was on February 26, 1979, where it totaled over Washington, Montana and part of North Dakota. There will be several others throughout the 21st century, though none are projected to put Bakersfield in the path of totality. The eclipse will peak in Hartland around 2:20pm. The total eclipse will end near Charleston at 2:48 p.m. ET.More news: Gulfport Energy Corporation (GPOR) Position Decreased by Timessquare Capital Management, LLC
The Hartland Cromaine District Library is holding an Eclipse Party on the afternoon of the event which falls on Monday, August 21st. Even one second of looking directly at a small portion of the actual Sun without protection can permanently destroy your vision. But, those eclipse glasses are flying off the shelves.
"There is an ISO standard that is regulated for viewing the sun".
A CSD spokesman said the district considered an early dismissal but decided it was not the proper course of action because it may place more children around distracted drivers.More news: Judge Throws Out Texas Attempt To Enforce 'Sanctuary City' Ban
Now, you'll be hard pressed to find a pair of glasses anywhere in the city, even if you want to buy. For those who wear regular eyeglasses, eclipse glasses can be worn over them.
Lately, there has been some confusion as to when the United States last experienced a total solar eclipse.
Comcast is hosting an event the day of the eclipse where attendees will get protective glasses. The events will feature information about the phenomenon and astronomical-themed refreshments. Members will set up solar telescopes for viewing and offer informational sessions on safe viewing and background on the eclipse.More news: Just Eat PLC (LON:JE) Price Target Raised to GBX 780
Kelly Ardis can be reached at 661-395-7660.
- "Forever Loving You": Tanya Tucker's final message to the late Glen Campbell
- Betty Shelby sworn in at Rogers County Sheriff's Office as reserve deputy
- Analysts Set Expectations for CVS Health Corporation's FY2017 Earnings (CVS)
- Citizens review board resumes hearing in police shooting
- Nassau County to get two more medical marijuana dispensaries
- Gold Prices Hit 2-Month Highs, Defensive Demand Continues
- Americans struggle to locate North Korea on a map
- Ellsworth bombers deployed to Guam
- 'I like Mourinho a lot' - Willian reveals failed talks with Manchester United
- Hoertkorn Richard Charles Has $5082000 Position in Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (MRVL)