Donors will receive a $5 eGiftCard & can enter to win tickets to Kings Dominion!
To locate a drive near you log onto or by calling 1-800-REDCROSS
A blood drive is scheduled for August 31 from10 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.at Courtland Center, 4190 E. Court Street. Blood can be safely donated every 56 days, and Power Red cells, drawn with a special machine, can be donated every 112 days. "This blood drive is our way of giving our community an opportunity to help save the life of someone who could be a coworker, loved one or neighbor".More news: Threats of North Korea
The blood drive is named in honor of Dr. Charles Drew, the African-American physician who pioneered the American Red Cross system of blood banking.More news: Darvish fights for 5 as Dodgers win
"We urge community members to donate blood and help ensure that patients in local hospitals have a supply of blood ready and waiting before an emergency occurs". The post is open daily from 12 to 5 p.m. First, about 70 percent of African Americans have blood type O or B, and these are the blood types that are most in demand. Individuals who are 17 years of age in most states (16 with parental consent where allowed by state law), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. A blood donor card or driver's license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in.More news: Airline worker tracks down cancer patient's bag, delivers it
- Multiple US Osprey Aircraft Lift Off in Japan Hours After Clearance
- White House adviser hopes sanctions make their point to North Korea
- Wall Street lower on US-North Korea tensions
- Analyst's Review on: Petroleo Brasileiro SA- Petrobras (PBR)
- Houston man finds abandoned newborn in the bushes covered with these
- William Blair Reaffirms Outperform Rating for Microsoft Corporation (MSFT)
- One in eight American adults are alcoholics, study says
- Brighton won't roll over for Man City, says Bruno
- Hippo kills MI grandmother during African safari: She was an 'absolute treasure'
- Man City's Pep Guardiola: I'm not under extra pressure this season