"We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho".
It is no wonder that Liverpool want "The Little Magician" to remain with the club as has really flourished at Merseyside.
British media reported on Thursday that Liverpool had rejected a second bid worth 100 million euros ($117 million) from Barcelona, who had already been rebuffed last month in an 80 million euro offer for the 25-year-old.
Manager Jurgen Klopp has strenuously denied any suggestions of an agreement between Liverpool and Barcelona throughout, but the statement by owners FSG is the strongest indication yet of how keen the club are to keep Coutinho.More news: Pro-Dominion Diamond Corp Institutional Investors Sentiment Runs High in 2016 Q4
News is breaking this afternoon that Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho has handed in a transfer request in the midst of interest from Barcelona.
Coutinho's situation has dominated the lead-up to Liverpool's opening game at Vicarage Road, with Klopp consistently stating that the midfielder will remain at the club.
At much the same time as Coutinho was preparing his email, Klopp was saying: "Liverpool is not a club that needs to sell".
"I think if somebody, in this case FSG, is saying something like this it is the statement", said the German.More news: Pehlaj Nihalani removed as Censor Board chief
"I have said what the club's decision is about this and now you can read it - that is maybe the only difference".
"Philippe has tried very hard to find an amicable solution but to no avail". The Spanish club have plenty to spend after selling Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain for a world-record transfer fee of €222m.
Coutinho, was signed by Liverpool for GBP8.5 million in January 2013 and signed a five-year deal which did not include buy-out clause.More news: No vehicle insurance renewal without PUC
That is not a problem that Manchester City or United now have, which tells you how far a club that last won the league title in 1990 have fallen down football's pecking order.
- Alabama judge calls teacher sex charges unconstitutional
- Kenya's Elections At A Glance
- Michael Owen predicts Manchester United v West Ham United
- Second Man Charged in Clinton Police Shooting
- Hippo kills MI grandmother during African safari: She was an 'absolute treasure'
- Migrant rescue boat heading to aid of anti-migrant vessel in Mediterranean
- Stocks plunge amid growing North Korean-US tensions, gold continues rise
- Liverpool deny claims that Philippe Coutinho has handed in a transfer request
- Key Trump administration figures shaping the North Korea debate
- Markel Corp Has $3790000 Position in Liberty Global PLC (LBTYA)