After under-performing last season, City are genuine title contenders, with many tipping Guardolia's outfit to lift the trophy at the end of the season on the back of some impressive-looking activity in the transfer market.
"We spoke and I saw how tough the league is last season".
"People say in my first press conference we are favourites".More news: West Ham reportedly plotting whopping £25million offer for European Champion
The same system was deployed by Chelsea manager Antonio Conte in his team's title-winning campaign last season and has since been adopted by a number of other managers, including Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.
City are overwhelming favourites to win the match and it will be important for them to respect Brighton as they try to take three points.
These three full backs will be a huge upgrade from City's full backs last season and will add a huge attacking force and the speed to track back in defense.
"We are going to see at the end of the season what happens, knowing how hard it is".More news: The Real Housewives of New York City
Four of those new players cost more than £40m but that pales into insignificance compared to the €222m (£197m) Paris Saint-Germain paid Barcelona for Neymar.
Guardiola seemed unprepared for the rude physicality of English football and was derided for saying he was "not a coach for the tackles" after a one-sided 4-2 defeat at Leicester City. We have to deal with that and handle that.
The City boss says that transfer fees can not continue to grow at the current case and expects them to level off at some point. He's a player who knows how to make key passes and I'm obviously very excited because I know how these kind of players can decide games and help you towards achieving great things. But not what happened this summer.
March believes that the high transfer fees are a reflection of the quality in the league but says Brighton are not intimidated by bigger teams or anxious by the general consensus that they will be relegated after just one season. If the club decides [I am] not able, we are going to take a solution. But the solution is not changing players every season. The group of players are going to stay here for a long time.More news: New Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte products
- Kim Kardashian hits back at trolls over vehicle seat criticism
- The Hype Behind Oclaro, Inc. (OCLR), The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
- Trump DC Hotel Made Massive Profits Amid Ethics Concerns
- Can Chelsea boss Antonio Conte become a double Premier League title winner?
- Dolphins rookie Raekwon McMillan injuries knee against Falcons
- Jose Mourinho insists Manchester United's transfer activity is sufficient
- Running With The Trending Stocks: AbbVie Inc. (ABBV), Sealed Air Corporation
- $0.10 EPS Expected for Investors Real Estate Trust (IRET)
- Ulster lose All Black Charles Piutau to Pat Lam's Bristol
- Premier League preview: Can Chelsea retain their crown?