The 35-year-old free agent, who scored 28 goals for the club last season, is battling back to fitness after suffering a cruciate knee ligament injury in April, though, and Mourinho insisted there is no rush to get a deal done.
The 22-year-old was part of the squad that travelled to the United States on tour as he continued his rehabilitation from injury and he is looking forward to the upcoming campaign.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has once again taken to social media to prove that he is 100% not human as he steps up his recovery from the ACL injury that brought a premature end to his 2016/17 season.
"He's injured. He needs time to recover", United manager Jose Mourinho said on Friday.More news: Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for EJ Gaines
"I just think that he was very clear by showing that what he did previous year was not enough for him". "It's not something urgent, that we are desperate to have it done or not done".
United have invested heavily on the signings of Romelu Lukaku, Nemanja Matic and Victor Lindelof in the transfer window, while champions Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal have also spent large sums. "Old Trafford is waiting for us and I think Old Trafford has a reason to be behind us", he said.
The real signs of how serious United will be this season will come on Sunday afternoon when West Ham is the visitor to Old Trafford.
"I was thinking of four players but I am not a hard person to work with, even if it looks different, or you want to make it look so", he said. My club is doing 75% of what I initially asked very well.
"I don't think I am in a position to be moaning and crying".More news: HRC: Trump's assessment of transgender troop ban 'delusional'
He added: "If the remaining 25 per cent doesn't arrive by 31 August, I will not moan".
"The other 25 percent (of the transfer targets) will be another player playing from the sides".
'But we have players and if we cannot strengthen the team in these areas we have people we can trust and go for it'.More news: Nordstrom, Inc. (JWN) Stake Cut by Nisa Investment Advisors LLC
- Father, daughter drown in Lake Superior in Duluth
- Second Man Charged in Clinton Police Shooting
- Trump DC Hotel Made Massive Profits Amid Ethics Concerns
- Iran bans two players after facing Israeli side
- Patients Treated for Chemical Release at Hospital Emergency Room
- Pep Guardiola - Manchester City squad won't need big changes in future
- Liverpool deny claims that Philippe Coutinho has handed in a transfer request
- Arsenal To Make Alexis Sanchez Premier League's Highest-paid Player
- The Hype Behind Oclaro, Inc. (OCLR), The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
- Soundcloud Safe For Now After $170 Million Rescue Investment