Another Uber Technologies Inc. executive is stepping down from his role, according to reports Thursday. Graves was known to be one of former CEO Travis Kalanick's most loyal supporters, which may explain his move away from Uber's executive team.
As board director, Graves will aid in the search for Uber's new CEO.More news: Nawaz Sharif begins roadshow via iconic GT Road in show of strength
Gizmodo's Kate Conger obtained a copy of the company-wide memo apparently sent by Graves to announce his new role, which you can read below. He led Uber's expansion efforts as the company grew to 8,000 employees with operations in more than 450 cities.
Uber's Ryan Graves is stepping down as SVP but will stay on the board.More news: US stocks slide amid heightened US-North Korea tensions
The ride-hailing company's senior vice president of global operations steps down from the position but stays on as board director. "It's clear to me the stability of our board of directors, the selection of our new CEO, and the empowerment of our management team is what is needed most". But during the scandal-plagued first half of 2017, some employees complained that Graves was missing-in-action. Kalanick resigned under pressure in June after a months-long investigation into sexual harassment and other behavior problems at the company.
In the closing paragraph of Graves' email, he addressed recent crises Uber has faced. "Confucius said that reflection is the noblest method to learn wisdom, and fortunately, our new found reflection and introspection has become an asset to us and we have evolved and grown considerably".More news: New Orleans power turbine down; Pumping station capacity diminished
- Soon, you won't have to awkwardly text or call your Uber driver
- Channing Tatum goes all 'Magic Mike' in a North Carolina convenience store
- Lenovo K8 Note launched in India for INR 12999, features dual camera
- NFL to hire 21-24 full-time game officials from field of 124
- Disney Paid $177 Million to Settle ABC 'Pink Slime' Case
- Korea to halt all provocations, says door for dialogue still open
- Hulu set for RuPaul drama
- 'Hack-proof' satellite sends secure messages from space in quantum breakthrough
- Britney Spears Fan Storms Stage During 'Piece Of Me' Las Vegas Show
- Lego appoints new CEO after just eight months