Hulu has signed on to develop the half-hour project tentatively titled Queen.
The US streaming service is working with the host of VH1's reality hit RuPaul's Drag Race and Star Wars: The Force Awakens director JJ Abrams on Queen (working title).More news: Everton Transfer Shock: No one interested in Ross Barkley - Ronald Koeman
RuPaul will executive produce along with Gary Lennon, who will also write the script. Abrams and Ben Stephenson will executive produce through Abrams' Bad Robot banner. It's called Queen and will be a fictional take on the fashion star's early career in 1980s NY all the way to present day where he is a world-famous drag queen and LGBT icon.
After moving to NY in the '80s, RuPaul became a staple on the club scene and then released the hit single Supermodel (You Better Work).More news: Beyoncé showed what it looks like her belly after childbirth
Should Queen move to series, it would be Bad Robot's third show at Hulu and join the upcoming Abrams-produced Stephen King anthology Castle Rock as well as the previous King adaptation 11.22.63.
There's no word on a United Kingdom platform for the show - it's still in its very early stages, after all - but given that Netflix is the current home to Drag Race in the United Kingdom, it doesn't seem too unlikely that it'll end up there. World of Wonder's Fenton Bailey, Tom Campbell and Randy Barbato will also exec produce. It is written by executive producer Gary Lennon (Power) and set in NY during the Reagan era in the Eighties.More news: Watch List - CPI Card Group Inc. (NASDAQ:PMTS)
- Wenger urges fans to back Arsenal after Wembley win
- Former United manager Moyes defends 'vital' Fellaini
- Gylfi Sigurdsson to Everton: Ronald Koeman confirms Swansea deal 'close'
- Guam's governor: 'There is no threat' but American island 'will be defended'
- Matsuyama 'going backward' ahead of PGA Championship
- Bill Murray in Tears While Watching Broadway's 'Groundhog Day' Musical
- Watch Leslie Jones trash talk Game of Thrones' Varys to his face
- Trump says U.S. nuclear arsenal stronger than ever
- Arsenal v Leicester City predicted starting XIs for both sides
- Markets Right Now: Stocks drift lower on Wall Street