With grim appropriateness, Brit was performing her 1999 hit '(You Drive Me) Crazy' when the incident occurred, captured by a fan's camera.
In the video you see security in the background tackling the man. Spears performs in the foreground, not knowing what's happening behind her.
The popstar is seen on stage being corralled away by security on Wednesday night, while other members of the venue's security team and her backup dancers attempted to restrain a man who rushed the stage, fan obtained video shows.More news: Hulu set for RuPaul drama
Venus don't mess around with security when big-name performers take the stage, and we imagine that goes double for a Las Vegas casino. It wasn't until she turned around that she noticed something was going on.
Fair question: She then asks with urgency, 'He's got a gun?
The man was eventually handcuffed and removed from the stage before Spears returned to play one last song.More news: Beyoncé showed what it looks like her belly after childbirth
The singer, caught in fan footage posted online, could be heard asking her security if the man had a gun.
While another simply wrote, "Poor Britney leave her alone".
Earlier this year, Spears announced the final show dates of her record-breaking Las Vegas residency Britney: Piece of Me.More news: Analysts Give These Stocks Mix Nod: Eldorado Gold Corporation (EGO), Unilever NV
Spears' Vegas residency "Piece of Me" first kicked off in 2013 at Planet Hollywood and is scheduled to run through December.
- Shares Trading down at $14.07 (VRX) Paulson & Co., Inc. Reiterates…
- Premier League 2017: Best Liverpool FC bars in New York City
- Matsuyama 'going backward' ahead of PGA Championship
- 52% of Republicans would back postponing 2020 election if Trump wanted to
- GOP lawmaker: Trump's 'fire and fury' comments not increasing North Korea tensions
- Leah Remini: Scientology Investigation by Feds Needed
- (LYV) Stake Decreased by Victory Capital Management Inc
- US stocks slide amid heightened US-North Korea tensions
- Dow streak of records ends amid US-North Korea tensions
- Trump says U.S. nuclear arsenal stronger than ever