The 25-year old, 2x pro bowler, is entering his fourth season in the National Football League, coming off a 2016 campaign where he led the Falcons with 1,541 yards from scrimmage, including 13 touchdowns.
According to Silver, Freeman will be averaging $8.25 million per year over the life of his new contract.More news: The X-Files will focus on stand-alone stories in season 11
Freeman was drafted by the Falcons in the 4th round of the 2014 NFL Draft out of Florida State. "I want to thank Mr".
Only Le'Veon Bell's unsigned $12.1m franchise tag contract would be higher when the Pittsburgh Steelers running back eventually ends his holdout. "I feel extremely blessed, but the work and grind are just beginning".
After helping lead the Atlanta Falcons to a 11-5 regular season and an appearance in Super Bowl LI, RB Devonta Freeman has made a decision to stick around the Peach State for awhile.More news: Rain moves in late in the day
"Devonta embodies everything we are looking for in a Falcon, and we are proud that he'll be able to spend his career here in Atlanta", Dimitroff said.
Overall, he has over 3,175 yards from scrimmage and 27 touchdowns in two years. In 2016, Freeman topped 100 yards from scrimmage in seven games and led the Falcons with 1,541 yards from scrimmage.
Not taking anything away from Freeman - who got a nice payday - but his new deal emphasizes how much the running back position has been devalued. He has been selected to two Pro Bowls in his short, three-year career. The extension itself starts after Freeman's rookie deal, keeping him with the Falcons through 2022. "I expect them to make him a priority this offseason, as he's been an integral part of the dynamic offense that has gotten them to the Super Bowl".More news: Mountain lion sighting in Sequoia National Forest
- Janet's Planet: Where can you buy eclipse glasses?
- Jose Mourinho's still throwing shade at UEFA ahead of Super Cup
- #AintNoCinderella: Why Indian women are posting midnight photos
- Relive the nail-biting moment when Les Twins defeated Eva Igo
- Tiger Woods to enter special program that could leave record clear
- Democrats launch probe into federal spending at Trump Organization
- How Pogba convinced Lukaku about Manchester United move in a dinner
- "Atlas Rises" Update Arrives for No Man's Sky This Week
- Usher's insurance policy won't cover herpes lawsuit
- Next-Gen Nissan Leaf: It's The Final Countdown