Aamir and Kiran broke the news to the audience - which included Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Shah Rukh Khan - in a video message. We have contracted H1N1 (Swine Flu) and are skipping the event so that others do not contract the same.More news: Six Flags to debut 'Wonder Woman' roller coaster in Texas
Actor Shahrukh Khan attended the event on Aamir Khan's behalf. Bollywood's Mr. Perfectionist Aamir Khan was scheduled to attend an event organised by the Paani Foundation in Pune but chose to pull out owing to this sudden development.
Noted film critic Anupama Chopra even tweeted about Aamir Khan's abscence at the event due to his condition.More news: Mariners-Royals game postponed by rain; Felix goes on DL
She also points out that it was an example of friendship day involving the two big Khans of Bollywood. When asked why against KGMU's free diagnostic facility, SGPGI was charging Rs 2,000 for the influenza test, Singh said, "I can not compel SGPGI not to charge fee".
Bhubaneswar: The first Swine Flu casualty of this year was reported on Saturday with the death of a person at a private hospital in the state capital. In order to highlight the issue of water shortage, Aamir Khan had started the "Water Cup" competition, which has received favourable response across Maharashtra. It can spread as fast as normal seasonal flu.More news: Connor McGregor's sparring partner quits ahead of Mayweather bout
- KCR to take up GST concerns for pet projects with PM
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 Announced for PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Search underway after man spotted in water off Sussex coast
- A Salmonella outbreak has spread to CT and five other states
- Venezuela Says 'Attack' at Military Base Has Been Controlled
- Atlantic high pressure to affect weekday weather
- Former Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson in hospital with pneumonia
- Gunmen Invade Catholic Church, Kill 47 in Anambra
- 624 civilians killed in US-led c oalition strikes in Iraq, Syria
- Cable TV providers in Israel agree to cease broadcasting Al Jazeera's signal