It has been a reliable ratings performer throughout its run, but nine years in it's also a fairly expensive show.
"The Middle" was created and is executive produced by Eileen Heisler and DeAnn Heline.More news: Everything From 'Will & Grace' Series Finale Will Be Ignored for Revival
The long-running comedy about an IN family will pass the 200-episode mark IN the upcoming season. Last year, it moved to Tuesdays, which increased its viewership a bit, but it seems it was not enough to keep the Heck family going for another year. The veteran comedy series, produced by Warner Bros. "We've watched Axl, Sue and Brick grow up right before our eyes under Frankie and Mike's unique parenting style", stated Channing Dungey, president, ABC Entertainment while announcing the show's finale season.
"For eight remarkable seasons, Eileen Heisler and DeAnn Heline have crafted a wonderfully relatable, honest, amusing and authentic world of middle class life in the heartland of America", said Peter Roth, Warner Bros.
Speaking to the storyline that will wrap up the final season, Heisler told EW, which first broke the news, before ABC's announcement, "We started having an idea a couple of years ago and honed it more in the last year ..."More news: Heritage Way Advisors LLC Has $2 Million Position in Intel Corporation
Despite the show's steadiness, it's time for "The Middle" to end, which will be one "that fans will like", Heisler promised. The show stars two-time Emmy-winner Patricia Heaton as a harried wife and mother of three who lives in the middle of the country in Orson, Indiana, and uses her wry wit and sense of humor to get her family through each day intact.
While the cancellation is a surprise to fans, the cast and crew knew it was coming to an end.
The final season of the The Middle premieres on Tuesday, October 3rd.More news: Eli Apple learning from Odell Beckham while covering him in drills
- Facebook Determined To Fight Fake News In Kenya With Educational Tool
- Liverpool playmaker, Coutinho not for sale, says Jurgen Klopp
- 5 bomb threats interrupt normal operations at 2 Navy bases
- How Have International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) Earnings Outlook Changed?
- Insider Trading at First Solar Inc.?
- Deutsche Bank AG Reiterates "Hold" Rating for Energizer Holdings, Inc. (ENR)
- Carlo Ancelotti: I hope Liverpool win their Champions League play-off tie
- Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE:LMT) Hits New 12-Month High at $294.37
- Attack on Shi'ite mosque in Afghan city kills at least 29
- Sexual harassment case against Sardar Singh was discussed before Khel Ratna recommendation