All seven separatist leaders - Altaf Shah, Ayaz Akbar, Peer Saifullah, Mehraj Kalwal, Shahid-ul-Islam, Naeem Khan and Bitta Karate - were later sent to 10-day NIA custody.
The agency told the court that the source of funding of properties of Shah, worth hundreds of crores of rupees, had to be unearthed.
Additional Sessions Judge Sidharth Sharma granted extension of Shah's custody after the ED's counsel insisted that the Kashmiri leader should chant "Bharat mata ki jai".More news: After Cong, BJP too moves EC against NOTA in Guj RS polls
Shabir Shah was summoned for terror financing by the Enforcement Directorate, according to the confession of 35-year old Mohammad Aslam Wani.
Shabbir Ahmad Shah, on the occasion, submitted an application in the court and said that he was facing threat to his life in custody and he was forced to sign blank papers. In a quick retort, the court asked the lawyer not to convert court into TV studio.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) was granted custody of Kashmiri separatist leader Shabir Shah for one more day by a Delhi court on Wednesday. On July 25, Shabir Shah was arrested from his residence where he was under house arrest from a very long time in Srinagar.More news: Spouse of Grand Canyon victim says water ran out
The court extended the ED remand of the separatist leader for further six days. Delhi police had claimed that Wani was arrested along with Rs 63 lakh out of which Rs 50 lakh were to be delivered to Shah.
In its remand application, ED claimed that Shabir is in continuous contact with anti national elements/ terrorists residing in Pakistan in garb of the Kashmir issue.
Shah is the founding chairman of Democratic Freedom Party (DFP), which is a part of the separatist amalgam Hurriyat Conference led by hardliner Syed Ali Shah Geelani.More news: Luann & Tom D'Agostino Split After 7 Months of Marriage
- The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated (CAKE) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Piper Jaffray Companies
- 'Kidnap' starring Halle Berry premieres at the 'Arclight' in Hollywood
- Alliance Resource Partners, LP (NASDAQ:ARLP) Valuation According To Analysts
- Boeing test pilots draw nationwide picture of their plane
- Conditions to test world's best at Women's British Open
- Russian Federation ties at all-time and 'very risky low': Donald Trump
- Shire PLC (NASDAQ:SHPG) Releases FY17 Earnings Guidance
- Why is Kerala police anxious about Dileep's nuptial ties?
- 'This Is Us' Season 2 Adds Sylvester Stallone in Guest Starring Role
- EA Sports to feature WNBA teams, players on 'NBA Live 18' release