Mayweather said on Tuesday that he is willing to wear 8-ounce gloves, which McGregor has said he would prefer. The latter is nearly completely unprepared for a boxing matchup of this caliber, though the people around him want to make sure you know he's putting in an elite effort to make up for his inexperience in the ring.
During the world tour to promote the August 26 boxing match in Las Vegas, McGregor called out Mayweather on his refusal to wear gloves any lighter than 10-ounce.
This is certainly a bold move from the undefeated boxing star as he is used to fighting with a larger glove.More news: Tillerson Says He Disagrees With Trump on Iran Deal
'Don't believe what you hear in the media, ' said Mayweather on his Instagram. Don't believe what you hear on blog sites.
'If it's not coming directly from me, then it's not true. Welterweights wear 8-ounce gloves.
Cortez was drafted in by McGregor's team to ensure the UFC lightweight champion enters his fight with Floyd Mayweather with a full understanding of boxing rules, and speaking to former heavyweight contender Gerry Cooney on SiriusXM's Rush 93, revealed he was forced to separate both fighters in the heat of the action.More news: Wisconsin-based fighter jets, 200 airmen heading to South Korea
The more cynical view-which I'm very much here for-is that McGregor has zero experience in a boxing sparring session, so he doesn't really know where to draw the line when it comes to backing off the guy he's working with. "Let's give the boxing and MMA fans what they want to see", Mayweather stated. I'll be wearing 8 oz Grant gloves. This could be another bout of mind games ahead of the fight, of course, and the Nevada State Athletic Commission would also have to be consulted on any changes to the fight stipulations.
"This is surely one of the most anticipated and intriguing contests we've ever seen on Sky Sports Box Office", said Smith.More news: Grandmother came into contact with flesh-eating bacteria in Myrtle Beach, family claims
- ASEAN wants talks on nonaggression pact with China soonest
- Toronto pulls away from White Sox — Blue Jays notebook
- Honolulu Bans Pedestrians from Looking at Smartphones while Crossing Streets
- Scaramucci Rant brings 4.4M to The New Yorker Website
- Tillerson: US Not Seeking Regime Change In North Korea
- 'Unacceptable In 2017,' NZ Labour Leader Asked About Having Kids
- IT sleuths search Karnataka minister's house, resort suite in Bengaluru
- Indonesia's inflation slows in July, supporting neutral monetary policy
- OH senators hope proposed legislation will curb online sex trafficking
- Why Mets' Amed Rosario won't be playing every day