Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has reiterated his stance that Barcelona target Philippe Coutinho is not for sale. "Last season we did quite well but we could do better, so we will try to do it better this year and push on", Can told the club's official website. Klopp added: "No, we aren't in the running for him".
"It would be extremely hard, nearly impossible, to replace Coutinho with a like-for-like player in terms of skills and knowledge of the Premier League", Comoli told talkSPORT.
"Myself, I want to push on as well and I want to have good confidence and play a good season". The [financial] landscape has changed massively over the last 12 or 24 months in world football. The Uruguay global spent three-and-a-half seasons on Merseyside before joining Barcelona in the summer of 2014, and Comolli revealed that he made his intention to sign for either Barca or Real Madrid very clear from the outset.More news: Saudi Arabia to turn Red Sea coast into luxury resorts
With just 10 days to go until the beginning of the Premier League season, Klopp is not about to sell Coutinho and risk jeopardising his squad's chances of success this season. The 25-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to the Camp Nou in recent weeks and is said to have already agreed personal terms with the Blaugrana.
"Because the Premier League has so much financial ability to resist any bid, I think if Liverpool want to say no, they say no".
Jurgen Klopp's side must first negotiate a play-off round before progressing into the group stage of Europe's elite club competition.More news: Indonesia's inflation slows in July, supporting neutral monetary policy
Philippe Coutinho dominates the agenda, with Spanish outlet Diario Gol reporting Lionel Messi has told friends the Brazil worldwide has agreed to join Barcelona.
Barcelona had a bid rejected a fortnight ago and remain desperate to take the Brazil worldwide to Camp Nou and are rumoured to be coming back with a bigger sum to test Liverpool's resilience. It's still very much in Liverpool's hands.More news: Tillerson Says He Disagrees With Trump on Iran Deal
- IT raids DK Shivakumar
- Sen. McCain begins cancer treatment in Arizona
- New Celebrity Big Brother house revealed
- IT sleuths search Karnataka minister's house, resort suite in Bengaluru
- Southampton reportedly after £12million-rated Dutch centre-back
- Jose Mourinho "won't lose hair" over criticism from Chelsea manager Antonio Conte
- Toronto pulls away from White Sox — Blue Jays notebook
- Why Mets' Amed Rosario won't be playing every day
- Honolulu Bans Pedestrians from Looking at Smartphones while Crossing Streets
- Brisbane Airport: Travellers should arrive early, pack light