Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has reiterated his stance that Barcelona target Philippe Coutinho is not for sale. "Last season we did quite well but we could do better, so we will try to do it better this year and push on", Can told the club's official website. Klopp added: "No, we aren't in the running for him".
"It would be extremely hard, nearly impossible, to replace Coutinho with a like-for-like player in terms of skills and knowledge of the Premier League", Comoli told talkSPORT.
"Myself, I want to push on as well and I want to have good confidence and play a good season". The [financial] landscape has changed massively over the last 12 or 24 months in world football. The Uruguay global spent three-and-a-half seasons on Merseyside before joining Barcelona in the summer of 2014, and Comolli revealed that he made his intention to sign for either Barca or Real Madrid very clear from the outset.More news: India blocks Fosun's Gland Pharma acquisition
With just 10 days to go until the beginning of the Premier League season, Klopp is not about to sell Coutinho and risk jeopardising his squad's chances of success this season. The 25-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to the Camp Nou in recent weeks and is said to have already agreed personal terms with the Blaugrana.
"Because the Premier League has so much financial ability to resist any bid, I think if Liverpool want to say no, they say no".
Jurgen Klopp's side must first negotiate a play-off round before progressing into the group stage of Europe's elite club competition.More news: Brisbane Airport: Travellers should arrive early, pack light
Philippe Coutinho dominates the agenda, with Spanish outlet Diario Gol reporting Lionel Messi has told friends the Brazil worldwide has agreed to join Barcelona.
Barcelona had a bid rejected a fortnight ago and remain desperate to take the Brazil worldwide to Camp Nou and are rumoured to be coming back with a bigger sum to test Liverpool's resilience. It's still very much in Liverpool's hands.More news: Second Video Of Cops Apparently Faking Body Cam Footage Uncovered In Baltimore
- Plane stayed on Ottawa runway for 6 hours: passenger
- Why Mets' Amed Rosario won't be playing every day
- Rio Tinto's first-half profit jumps 93 per cent to $4.1b
- USA responds to North Korea missile test with show of force
- Sen. McCain begins cancer treatment in Arizona
- Saudi Arabia to turn Red Sea coast into luxury resorts
- Scaramucci Rant brings 4.4M to The New Yorker Website
- IT sleuths search Karnataka minister's house, resort suite in Bengaluru
- Southampton reportedly after £12million-rated Dutch centre-back
- Adorable animated film about a gay school boy's crush goes viral