In a Heartbeat is an animated short about a closeted gay teen named Sherwin who goes to extreme lengths to keep his crush on fellow student Jonathan a secret. In the case of In a Heartbeat, Sherwin's heart is the only thing that matters (as is typical with young love).
The moving four-minute film was first revealed earlier this year in a brilliant trailer.More news: The BidaskClub Lowers CMS Energy Corporation (NYSE:CMS) to Hold
The film, which was originally produced by animators Beth David and Esteban Bravo for their senior thesis at Ringling College of Art and Design, has already received mass acclaim, including being officially selected for the 2017 Animation Shorts Film Festival and the 2017 LGBTQ Shorts Film Festival.
"We want to put out a message of love and self-acceptance to all the kids and young people who struggle to identify as LGBT+", said David in an especially adorable video plugging the film's Kickstarter page past year. The project is buoyed by a charming score from Arturo Cardelús and sound design by Nick Ainsworth.More news: Taco Bell giving away Xbox One X consoles to taco lovers
Keeping fans updated on the film prior to its release on Monday, the filmmakers shared a behind the scenes look at the process, including how they conveyed emotion in the dialogue-free film. "Since our short centers around the fear of being "outed", we defined light to represent exposure and danger, and shadow to represent concealment and safety". Let's see if we can get it to one million by the end of the week.More news: 'Raazi' to release in May 2018
- Scaramucci Rant brings 4.4M to The New Yorker Website
- Why Mets' Amed Rosario won't be playing every day
- Overwatch Summer Games return next week (with new skins)
- ASEAN wants talks on nonaggression pact with China soonest
- Tillerson Says He Disagrees With Trump on Iran Deal
- India blocks Fosun's Gland Pharma acquisition
- Kenneth Branagh to direct Tom Hiddleston in Hamlet
- Toronto pulls away from White Sox — Blue Jays notebook
- NASCAR Monster Energy Series Predictions - Overton's 400 7/30/17
- IT sleuths search Karnataka minister's house, resort suite in Bengaluru