Chucklefish said earlier this year that the multiplayer update to Stardew Valley that everyone's looking forward to would not be out this summer, and sorry to say, I'm not here to deliver any happy surprises-that still holds true.
We might not yet know when multiplayer will officially arrive in Stardew Valley, but when it does you'll be able to play with up to three of your friends online. It turns out 2018 is the target for the Windows, Mac, and Linux 1.3 update.
Stardew Valley, the popular farming-sim RPG is getting a multiplayer component added to the game in 2018.More news: PM to review flood situation, interact with CMs of Northeast states
Another much requested feature is the ability to marry another player in the game, and Chucklefish like this idea to the point that they're reworking the dating system so that it will take a similar amount of effort to woo a player as it would an NPC. Each cabin will be able to house a farmhand that can be controlled by one of your friends.
Farmhands can do nearly anything the main player can do. Each player will also have their own inventory, with the items in this inventory stored in a chest in their cabin when they are offline. The main player is the one who determines when a day ends via sleeping, when festivals begin, and whether that game will side with the community center or Joja Mart.
"We now expect to be able to start a beta test at the end of the year for Steam users to help us test the game", Chucklefish said of the update.More news: United States sanctions violate its obligations to JCPOA: Iranian committee
You won't need to set up a server to run multiplayer. Friends can be invited through Steam, with non-Steam versions' mechanisms still being determined.
The work so far has been focused on the "biggest technical hurdle" of synchronizing multiple games over the internet, and it has apparently been a huge job: Chucklefish said that 15,000 lines of code have been rewritten, and nearly every source file has been impacted. There's no plan to support local multiplayer, split-screen, or PVP, Chucklefish says.
Consoles will get the patch too, starting with Nintendo Switch.More news: Cop who killed man in Brooklyn also shot another previous year
- Maruti drives July's auto sales surge
- First look at Disney's "Frozen" musical, premiering in Denver Aug. 17
- Seahawks sign Kam Chancellor to three-year, $36 million extension
- Microsoft's Making it Easier to Buy Surface Hardware, Including Hub
- Safeway brand to appear once again across hundreds of United Kingdom newsagents
- Kathy Griffin Shaves Head in Solidarity With Sister Fighting Cancer
- Texas community colleges allow guns starting Tuesday
- AA shares plunge as boss is fired for 'gross misconduct'
- John Cena Moving To RAW After WWE SummerSlam
- Credit Suisse Group Reiterates €6.00 Price Target for Nokia Oyj (HEL:NOKIA)