The deal includes $25 million in guaranteed money, a source told ESPN.More news: John Cena Moving To RAW After WWE SummerSlam
Two years after a holdout forced the Seahawks to play a pair of games without Kam Chancellor, the franchise and their star safety have come to terms on a new pact.
"We have worked real long and hard at that,"Carroll said about Chancellor's deal over the weekend". Chancellor then chose to skip the beginning of the season and returned after the Seahawks started 0-2. Even before the Chancellor deal, the team had the bulk of its salary-cap money committed to the secondary and now Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas and Chancellor are making $10 million or more a season. The team exhausted multiple 2017 draft picks on defensive backs, clearly an indication that it was ready to lose Chancellor to free agency.More news: Three dead as GTA gang open fire on guards in courthouse
Entering his eighth year with the Seahawks, Chancellor has earned four trips to the Pro Bowl.
"I really don't like to put no negatives in my head", he said.More news: Los Angeles reaches deal to hold 2028 Olympics
The 29-year-old said Monday that he plans to keep playing football and wants to play "as long as the wheels let me". However long my body holds up. "They gave me the first opportunity, the only opportunity. And I would love to retire here".
- Germany urges U.S. to coordinate Russian Federation actions with European Union partners
- Pence slams Russian 'occupation' on Georgia visit
- Kelly Cancels Tour Dates Amid Cult Allegations
- First look at Disney's "Frozen" musical, premiering in Denver Aug. 17
- Awwdorable! Taimur Ali Khan's Photos From His First Foreign Trip Are Out!
- Kathy Griffin Shaves Head in Solidarity With Sister Fighting Cancer
- PM to review flood situation, interact with CMs of Northeast states
- Ander Herrera provides injury update at Manchester United
- Police Report Additional Items Stolen From Armstrong Museum
- AA shares plunge as boss is fired for 'gross misconduct'