The Zero Suit Samus and Samus amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. series are also compatible with Metroid: Samus Returns.
However, some are not pleased with the amount of content that is being locked behind using the new amiibo styled after the Metroid creatures. This included receiving a Fusion Suit and a Fusion difficulty mode that can be unlocked by using the upcoming Metroid amiibo.More news: Dolphins RB Jay Ajayi being evaluated for concussion
Nintendo confirmed to Eurogamer that all of this content is available only if you have the amiibos, and fans aren't too happy that they will need to shell out $13 for the hard mode. So it seems, at least for the foreseeable future, that Fusion mode in Samus Returns will be restricted to only those who possess the Metroid amiibo.
Samus Returns is a re-imagining of the 1991 Game Boy game Metroid II: Return of the Samus, and is expected to launch on September 15. These links leave Siliconera. You won't be able to play Hard Mode of Samus Returns.More news: Chelsea to replace Matic with Drinkwater
This week we were informed that EB Game is no longer taking preorders for them, and the amiibo have disappeared from the website. The amiibo also tells you the locations of nearby Metroids, so it might be worth checking out regardless of whether you want this suit or not. After completing the game, you can use this amiibo to unlock Music in the Gallery, which lets you listen to BGMs from Metroid: Samus Returns.
Of all the extra content, the only part I'd be concerned about unlocking is the additional Fusion difficulty level and Metroid map feature. After completing the game, you can tap this amiibo to unlock Metroid II Art in the Gallery.More news: Maria Sharapova Makes Winning Start at WTA Tournament in Stanford
- Game of Thrones actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau sues former manager
- Anthony Scaramucci mistakenly listed as dead in Harvard Law School alumni directory
- Clooney Foundation to send 3000 Syrian refugee children to school in Lebanon
- Resolution talks at Bank of England begin amid pay strike threat
- 'Historical' Diana tapes should be seen, says ex-aide
- Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case: CBI court discharges Gujarat ex-IPS DG Vanzara
- Stifel Nicolaus Reiterates Hold Rating for Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT)
- Amber Alert issued for abducted Detroit girl
- LA to host Olympics
- Railways likely to not provide blankets in AC coaches