According to the Daily Mirror, Paris Saint-Germain right back Serge Aurier is on the verge of sealing a move to Old Trafford, but awaits a decision on whether or not he will be allowed into England.
He was left behind by the Parians in their recent preseason tour.
Understandably, Aurier has attracted plenty of interest and the International Business Times reported last weekend that Tottenham had joined United in the chase to sign the Ivory Coast international this summer.More news: Mary Berry back to judge a new TV cooking show
However, it now appears that Mauricio Pochettino will have to draw up other targets to replace Kyle Walker with, as Jose Mourinho has seemingly beaten him to the punch for the wantaway right-back.
The Portuguese made it clear last week that he still wants to sign two players and the Serbian was one of them.
Manchester United have already signed a top quality defender this summer in the form of Victor Lindelof.More news: Los Angeles reaches deal to hold 2028 Olympics
However, it looks like Spurs have missed out as The Sun are now citing reports from France that claim the defender has agreed terms over a five-year contract worth £5m-a-year [£95,000-a-week] with United.
As per Paris United, once/if the charges are dropped, it is expected that Serge will complete his Man United move.
Any possible deal will depend on the outcome of the court of appeal case now being pursued by the player after he was found guilty of allegedly assaulting a police officer.More news: AstraZeneca's Imfinzi gets Breakthrough Therapy Designation from FDA
- First look at Disney's "Frozen" musical, premiering in Denver Aug. 17
- Germany urges U.S. to coordinate Russian Federation actions with European Union partners
- Donald De La Haye, UCF Kicker, Ruled Ineligible Over YouTube Monetization
- Ander Herrera provides injury update at Manchester United
- Maruti drives July's auto sales surge
- Awwdorable! Taimur Ali Khan's Photos From His First Foreign Trip Are Out!
- Microsoft's Making it Easier to Buy Surface Hardware, Including Hub
- United States sanctions violate its obligations to JCPOA: Iranian committee
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (F) Receives Consensus Recommendation of "Hold" from Brokerages
- The first Carpool Karaoke trailer has finally arrived