According to the Daily Mirror, Paris Saint-Germain right back Serge Aurier is on the verge of sealing a move to Old Trafford, but awaits a decision on whether or not he will be allowed into England.
He was left behind by the Parians in their recent preseason tour.
Understandably, Aurier has attracted plenty of interest and the International Business Times reported last weekend that Tottenham had joined United in the chase to sign the Ivory Coast international this summer.More news: Credit Suisse Group Reiterates €6.00 Price Target for Nokia Oyj (HEL:NOKIA)
However, it now appears that Mauricio Pochettino will have to draw up other targets to replace Kyle Walker with, as Jose Mourinho has seemingly beaten him to the punch for the wantaway right-back.
The Portuguese made it clear last week that he still wants to sign two players and the Serbian was one of them.
Manchester United have already signed a top quality defender this summer in the form of Victor Lindelof.More news: Isaac Hempstead Wright discusses last night's Stark reunion
However, it looks like Spurs have missed out as The Sun are now citing reports from France that claim the defender has agreed terms over a five-year contract worth £5m-a-year [£95,000-a-week] with United.
As per Paris United, once/if the charges are dropped, it is expected that Serge will complete his Man United move.
Any possible deal will depend on the outcome of the court of appeal case now being pursued by the player after he was found guilty of allegedly assaulting a police officer.More news: Donald De La Haye, UCF Kicker, Ruled Ineligible Over YouTube Monetization
- PM to review flood situation, interact with CMs of Northeast states
- John Cena Moving To RAW After WWE SummerSlam
- Los Angeles reaches deal to hold 2028 Olympics
- Microsoft's Making it Easier to Buy Surface Hardware, Including Hub
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (F) Receives Consensus Recommendation of "Hold" from Brokerages
- First look at Disney's "Frozen" musical, premiering in Denver Aug. 17
- Texas community colleges allow guns starting Tuesday
- Police Report Additional Items Stolen From Armstrong Museum
- Three dead as GTA gang open fire on guards in courthouse
- Maruti drives July's auto sales surge