On Britain's Best Cook, Berry will work alongside another judge, though the person filling that role hasn't been named.
The eight-part series will focus largely on the major dishes that have come to "define modern British home cooking", alongside well-loved classics; so expect the likes of pork crackling, chicken pie, and chocolate pudding. Scones? Steak and kidney pie? "This series is going to encourage proper home cooking which I have always championed and I can not wait to start".More news: Earth likely to warm more than two degrees by 2100
"Returning to her first love, with more than 75 cookery books to her name, Mary Berry's authority in the home kitchen is beyond question and she is the natural choice for the lead judge".
"The queen of all judges Mary Berry will be the indisputable head judge with the irresistible Claudia Winkleman hosting proceedings".
A second judge will join Mary but we don't know who that is yet.More news: Microsoft's Making it Easier to Buy Surface Hardware, Including Hub
Each challenge will reveal new tips and techniques as the competing cooks battle to prove that they have the skills and repertoire, technical ability, resourcefulness and creativity to get through to the final and be crowned Britain's Best Cook.
The launch date and time are yet to be confirmed, but it will nearly certainly be a primetime show as the BBC looks to replace Bake Off in its schedule.
On costarring with Berry, Winkleman told the BBC, "I$3 am slightly obsessed with Mary so will follow her around with my own moussaka for most of the filming". Her former co-judge, Paul Hollywood, will be part of the C4 program's team when it launches in the fall. He'll appear in the new series later this year alongside Sandi Toksvig, Noel Fielding and fellow judge Prue Leith.More news: 16-year-old class 12 boy bags 1.4 crore offer from Google
- Germany urges U.S. to coordinate Russian Federation actions with European Union partners
- PM to review flood situation, interact with CMs of Northeast states
- Credit Suisse Group Reiterates €6.00 Price Target for Nokia Oyj (HEL:NOKIA)
- United States sanctions violate its obligations to JCPOA: Iranian committee
- Cop who killed man in Brooklyn also shot another previous year
- Texas community colleges allow guns starting Tuesday
- 'Ark: Survival Evolved' Dev Explains 3-Week Delay Of Dinosaur Survival Game
- Sprint posts first profit in three years and customer gains
- Jaguars left tackle Branden Albert announces retirement
- AstraZeneca's Imfinzi gets Breakthrough Therapy Designation from FDA