The company's domestic sales increased 22.4 per cent during the month to 1,54,001 units as against 1,25,778 in July 2016.
Importantly, for the company, the sales growth is across all vehicle segments - cars, utility vehicles and vans. For Toyota, July was a strong month, especially after it reported very weak sales in June as its wholesale was impacted by the incoming GST.
India's largest vehicle maker Maruti Suzuki reported solid growth of 20.6 percent in July sales, which was far ahead of analysts' estimates. Export sales however, grew 0.1% to 11,345 units in July, the company said in the monthly sales report.More news: Pence slams Russian 'occupation' on Georgia visit
The total domestic passenger vehicle sales rose 21.9%, the company said.
In all segments, Maruti reported double digits growth in July, the first month of GST rollout.
The company's passenger auto segment comprises of brands like Alto, WagonR, Swift, Ritz, Celerio, Ignis, Baleno, Dzire, Dzire Tour (old), and Ciaz. The Ciaz premium sedan, which is now sold only from the premium Nexa channel, sold a total of 6,377 units, up 41 percent YoY (July 2016: 5,162). The company had sold 43,160 units in the same month a year ago, Tata Motors said in a statement.More news: Los Angeles reaches deal to hold 2028 Olympics
Similarly, the utility vehicles (including Ertiga, S-Cross, Vitara Brezza) segment grew by 48 per cent to 25,781 units as compared with 17,382 units in the corresponding month previous year.
"Demand for Baleno, Brezza and New Dzire continues to remain robust as these models enjoy a healthy waiting period of 3-4 months", Motilal Oswal had said in its report dated July 31.
The stock price touched a fresh record high of Rs 7,920, up 2.75 percent intraday Tuesday.More news: PM to review flood situation, interact with CMs of Northeast states
- Motorola just announced a 'special edition' Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus
- 'Ark: Survival Evolved' Dev Explains 3-Week Delay Of Dinosaur Survival Game
- Police Report Additional Items Stolen From Armstrong Museum
- Kathy Griffin Shaves Head in Solidarity With Sister Fighting Cancer
- AstraZeneca's Imfinzi gets Breakthrough Therapy Designation from FDA
- Jaguars left tackle Branden Albert announces retirement
- Isaac Hempstead Wright discusses last night's Stark reunion
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (F) Receives Consensus Recommendation of "Hold" from Brokerages
- Cop who killed man in Brooklyn also shot another previous year
- Texas community colleges allow guns starting Tuesday