Two shows in Louisiana got axed, one in Dallas and another in Los Angeles.
The news comes after R Kelly addressed recent allegations that he ran an abusive sex obsessed cult of young women, dismissing the accusations as "a bunch of crap". Tickets are reportedly still available for the other shows.More news: United States sanctions violate its obligations to JCPOA: Iranian committee
Although he issued a strenuous denial via his lawyer, it seems that the story has already affected his livelihood as several gigs on his current 'After Party' tour in the United States have been cancelled, reportedly because of poor ticket sales.
"The promoter sent an e-mail to R. Kelly's team and told them they were set to lose $400,000 if sales didn't pick up fast".More news: N Chandrababu Naidu cancels meet for Pawan Kalyan
What's more, Kelly has hired a crisis team to deal with the allegations, including Bill Cosby's former lawyer Monique Pressley, who, according to a PageSix source, "signed on to do damage control". This your boy Kelly, and I just wanna let all of my fans out there know that despite all of the crap y'all hearing, I will be coming to the East Coast to do my show, ' he said in the tweet.
In a statement to Page Six, Kelly's publicist Trevian Kutti repeated Kelly's said the singer would, "work diligently and forcibly to pursue his accusers and clear his name".More news: Railways likely to not provide blankets in AC coaches
- Microsoft's Making it Easier to Buy Surface Hardware, Including Hub
- Bareilly Ki Barfi's new song Nazm Nazm is so dreamy
- Isaac Hempstead Wright discusses last night's Stark reunion
- Pence slams Russian 'occupation' on Georgia visit
- Jaguars left tackle Branden Albert announces retirement
- Aamir Khan shares the first poster of Secret Superstar
- John Cena Moving To RAW After WWE SummerSlam
- Earth likely to warm more than two degrees by 2100
- Jaume Collet-Serra To Direct Dwayne Johnson In Disney's 'Jungle Cruise'
- Credit Suisse Group Reiterates €6.00 Price Target for Nokia Oyj (HEL:NOKIA)