It's been a weird summer for Kathy Griffin.
Kathy Griffin Shaves Head in Solidarity With Sister Fighting Cancer
In a picture shared by journalist Yashar Ali, Kathy, now 56-years-old, can be seen rubbing her scalp after losing those famous red locks.More news: Jaguars left tackle Branden Albert announces retirement
In the second photo Kathy is sitting next to her mom Maggie Griffin, who's covering her mouth in surprise after seeing the attractive gesture. In a second image, Kathy squats beside her mother, Maggie, who is stroking her daughter's head while feigning shock.
The style change served as a show of support for Kathy's sibling Joyce, who is now undergoing chemotherapy.More news: Donald De La Haye, UCF Kicker, Ruled Ineligible Over YouTube Monetization
Sadly, this is not the first time cancer has touched the tight-knit Griffin clan. People recalled that in 2014 Griffin's older brother, Gary, died at age 63 from esophageal cancer.More news: 16-year-old class 12 boy bags 1.4 crore offer from Google
"This AM my fearless brother Gary Griffin passed away in palliative care after a brutal struggle w cancer", Griffin wrote in an Instagram post, at the time. The case is closed, I have been completely exonerated. Instead, the comedian did it as a sign of solidarity with her sister Joyce, who has cancer.
- Motorola just announced a 'special edition' Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus
- 'Ark: Survival Evolved' Dev Explains 3-Week Delay Of Dinosaur Survival Game
- Los Angeles reaches deal to hold 2028 Olympics
- Mary Berry back to judge a new TV cooking show
- Credit Suisse Group Reiterates €6.00 Price Target for Nokia Oyj (HEL:NOKIA)
- Awwdorable! Taimur Ali Khan's Photos From His First Foreign Trip Are Out!
- First look at Disney's "Frozen" musical, premiering in Denver Aug. 17
- Microsoft's Making it Easier to Buy Surface Hardware, Including Hub
- Texas community colleges allow guns starting Tuesday
- John Cena Moving To RAW After WWE SummerSlam