It's been a weird summer for Kathy Griffin.
Kathy Griffin doesn't look like this anymore, but it's for a great cause
In a picture shared by journalist Yashar Ali, Kathy, now 56-years-old, can be seen rubbing her scalp after losing those famous red locks.More news: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (F) Receives Consensus Recommendation of "Hold" from Brokerages
In the second photo Kathy is sitting next to her mom Maggie Griffin, who's covering her mouth in surprise after seeing the attractive gesture. In a second image, Kathy squats beside her mother, Maggie, who is stroking her daughter's head while feigning shock.
The style change served as a show of support for Kathy's sibling Joyce, who is now undergoing chemotherapy.More news: AstraZeneca's Imfinzi gets Breakthrough Therapy Designation from FDA
Sadly, this is not the first time cancer has touched the tight-knit Griffin clan. People recalled that in 2014 Griffin's older brother, Gary, died at age 63 from esophageal cancer.More news: Mary Berry back to judge a new TV cooking show
"This AM my fearless brother Gary Griffin passed away in palliative care after a brutal struggle w cancer", Griffin wrote in an Instagram post, at the time. The case is closed, I have been completely exonerated. Instead, the comedian did it as a sign of solidarity with her sister Joyce, who has cancer.
- Three dead as GTA gang open fire on guards in courthouse
- Sprint posts first profit in three years and customer gains
- Los Angeles reaches deal to hold 2028 Olympics
- Cop who killed man in Brooklyn also shot another previous year
- Microsoft's Making it Easier to Buy Surface Hardware, Including Hub
- Donald De La Haye, UCF Kicker, Ruled Ineligible Over YouTube Monetization
- Aamir Khan shares the first poster of Secret Superstar
- 16-year-old class 12 boy bags 1.4 crore offer from Google
- John Cena Moving To RAW After WWE SummerSlam
- Jaguars left tackle Branden Albert announces retirement