Police are investigating the incident.
A New York Police Department officer shot and killed a man in a Brooklyn apartment Monday as he approached officers with a knife, according to authorities.More news: Railways likely to not provide blankets in AC coaches
An unknown number of officers were treated for tinnitus, or ringing of the ears, but none were injured in the encounter, the police said. She told them he had mental health issues but was not armed. When they arrived at the fifth-floor apartment on New York Avenue in Flatbush Gardens shortly after noon, she let them inside their home on the fifth floor. An officer opened fired and struck Pressley three times in the torso.
The New York Daily News reported Jeune was from Guyana and had just been granted citizenship in 2016. The distraught family of Jeune left the neighborhood church where they'd been processing their inexplicable loss of a man they describe as a gentle giant.More news: Bareilly Ki Barfi's new song Nazm Nazm is so dreamy
Neighbors say they have never seen Jeune act violently and that he could normally be found walking around listening to music and talking himself. "I knew it wasn't firecrackers".
The man advanced on police with a large carving knife; a stun gun was deployed to no avail.More news: 'Ark: Survival Evolved' Dev Explains 3-Week Delay Of Dinosaur Survival Game
It turns out the officer who fired the shots also shot and wounded a different emotionally disturbed person this past October, but was cleared of wrongdoing.
- Well, of course Persona 5 is getting an anime adaptation
- Chelsea Handler vs. Tomi Lahren gets ugly at Politicon
- Keep the noise down with 2018 Ford Mustang's 'Good Neighbor Mode'
- Stifel Nicolaus Reiterates Hold Rating for Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT)
- Gujarat MLAs wait for high command's clearance
- Earth likely to warm more than two degrees by 2100
- Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case: CBI court discharges Gujarat ex-IPS DG Vanzara
- Isaac Hempstead Wright discusses last night's Stark reunion
- Texas community colleges allow guns starting Tuesday
- Chelsea to replace Matic with Drinkwater