Police are investigating the incident.
A New York Police Department officer shot and killed a man in a Brooklyn apartment Monday as he approached officers with a knife, according to authorities.More news: Earth likely to warm more than two degrees by 2100
An unknown number of officers were treated for tinnitus, or ringing of the ears, but none were injured in the encounter, the police said. She told them he had mental health issues but was not armed. When they arrived at the fifth-floor apartment on New York Avenue in Flatbush Gardens shortly after noon, she let them inside their home on the fifth floor. An officer opened fired and struck Pressley three times in the torso.
The New York Daily News reported Jeune was from Guyana and had just been granted citizenship in 2016. The distraught family of Jeune left the neighborhood church where they'd been processing their inexplicable loss of a man they describe as a gentle giant.More news: Texas community colleges allow guns starting Tuesday
Neighbors say they have never seen Jeune act violently and that he could normally be found walking around listening to music and talking himself. "I knew it wasn't firecrackers".
The man advanced on police with a large carving knife; a stun gun was deployed to no avail.More news: Donald De La Haye, UCF Kicker, Ruled Ineligible Over YouTube Monetization
It turns out the officer who fired the shots also shot and wounded a different emotionally disturbed person this past October, but was cleared of wrongdoing.
- Liverpool will progress in Champions League under Jurgen Klopp - Bayern's Carlo Ancelotti
- Motorola just announced a 'special edition' Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus
- Jaume Collet-Serra To Direct Dwayne Johnson In Disney's 'Jungle Cruise'
- Aamir Khan shares the first poster of Secret Superstar
- Police Report Additional Items Stolen From Armstrong Museum
- N Chandrababu Naidu cancels meet for Pawan Kalyan
- Gujarat MLAs wait for high command's clearance
- Resolution talks at Bank of England begin amid pay strike threat
- Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case: CBI court discharges Gujarat ex-IPS DG Vanzara
- Sprint posts first profit in three years and customer gains