Reports claim Herrera, 27, will sign a new deal to 2021, having held positive talks with club officials during the club's USA tour, while Mata, 29, is likely to sign a deal to keep him at Old Trafford until 2020.
But United have no intention of losing him, with Jose Mourinho regarding him as central to the team's future.More news: Aamir Khan shares the first poster of Secret Superstar
Herrera sees his long-term future at Old Trafford and has told club bosses he is keen to put pen to paper.
The midfielder has only 12 months left in his contract, in a deal he signed upon making the move from Athletic Bilbao in 2014 for £28.8m.More news: John Cena Moving To RAW After WWE SummerSlam
He endured a hard second season at Manchester United under former boss Louis van Gaal and struggled for form and confidence. He emerged as one of the club's top and most players this past season.
The pair have won the FA Cup, Europa League, League Cup and Community Shield since moving to Old Trafford.
The Spanish global has also become a popular figure in the dressing room and been earmarked as a future captain. Their arrival home will give them just enough time to prepare for the European Super Cup final in Macedonia, in which José Mourinho's men will try to beat Real Madrid for the second time in four weeks after a penalty shoot-out victory in the USA.More news: Police Report Additional Items Stolen From Armstrong Museum
- Maruti drives July's auto sales surge
- Credit Suisse Group Reiterates €6.00 Price Target for Nokia Oyj (HEL:NOKIA)
- Awwdorable! Taimur Ali Khan's Photos From His First Foreign Trip Are Out!
- Los Angeles reaches deal to hold 2028 Olympics
- Isaac Hempstead Wright discusses last night's Stark reunion
- Germany urges U.S. to coordinate Russian Federation actions with European Union partners
- 16-year-old class 12 boy bags 1.4 crore offer from Google
- Three dead as GTA gang open fire on guards in courthouse
- First look at Disney's "Frozen" musical, premiering in Denver Aug. 17
- The first Carpool Karaoke trailer has finally arrived